Tamil Nadu governor Banwarilal Purohit apologises to woman journo for “pat on cheek”

• Thread starter Bapun
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 29
  • Views: Views 3,421

Bapun

Staff member
Community Manager
Solutions
Reaction score
Washed my face many times, says journalist after TN governor pats her on the cheek

On Tuesday evening, Tamil Nadu Governor Banwarilal Purohit was wrapping up a press conference.

He'd been speaking to reporters about recent allegations that a college professor tried to convince women students to take academic and financial assistance from Madurai Kamaraj University officials, in exchange for sexual favours.

As the press meet drew to a close, Lakshmi Subramanian, a journalist, asked him a question.

His response, she said, was to pat her on the cheek - "patronisingly, and without consent."

Subramanian said she washed her face several times.

"Still not able to get rid of it," she wrote in a tweet.

Some silly women just destroy the image of women. Next time people will need their signature on stamp paper to touch them even for blessings or simple handshake
Exactly.I think if a woman fall on road or bus..No one will be come forward to help them.All because of these women .

Some silly women just destroy the image of women. Next time people will need their signature on stamp paper to touch them even for blessings or simple handshake
I have a doubt. Why blessings not happening to young guys.

Exactly.I think if a woman fall on road or bus..No one will be come forward to help them.All because of these women .
And this is not the first incident from this Governor. During inspection he suddenly entered into the Village bathroom when lady is in bath.

The press conference was for sexual allegations which involves governor's name and he misbehaves like this.

No matter what he thinks, it was not advisable for anyone to pat on the cheek without her consent.

Imagine a stranger who suddenly do this to any girl. What would be her reaction?

Calling a girl or anyone silly in this forum is unacceptable. Since he is SMOD, I don't know how report works. Hope some staff take action.

Will ! Most just stop and watch show and hesitate to help in present also just because they are not sure how will she react.

When a woman misbehave with a police she escape without a case registered but if the same thing is done by a man he will be slapped will a case and have to spend night in lockup . Internet is full of video clips of such incidents. Welcome to the faminist world.

Last edited:
The press conference was for sexual allegations which involves governor's name and he misbehaves like this.

No matter what he thinks, it was not advisable for anyone to pat on the cheek without her consent.

Imagine a stranger who suddenly do this to any girl. What would be her reaction?

Calling a girl or anyone silly in this forum is unacceptable. Since he is SMOD, I don't know how report works. Hope some staff take action.

It works the same way as it work for other people. He does not influence his position in decision making of team and stays out. So if you hit report button then this process will also be followed in this case

After ASIFA now this
DbAAoXXUwAAwqrh.jpg:small

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock