Suresh Raina to become father soon, leaves IPL to join wife in Holland

kumarvishwas

Contributor
Reaction score
Suresh Raina to become father soon, leaves IPL to join wife in Holland

Suresh Raina has ticked all the right boxes after being given the responsibility of leading the Indian Premier League newbie Gujarat Lions. The Lions are sitting pretty at the top of the table after winning seven of their eleven games.

Now, the Lions skipper is all set to handle one of the biggest responsibilities of his life. Raina is expecting his first child this month and has left the IPL, which is nearing its business-end, to join his pregnant wife Priyanka in Holland

"I am meeting my wife tomorrow, leaving for Holland. So, I am very excited right now," Raina said afterleading his side to a five-wicket win against Kolkata Knight Riders at Eden Gardens on Sunday.

Raina also posted a tweet on Mother's Day expressing his eagerness to meet the women special to him

Notably, Raina had credited his wife Priyanka for his successful stint as captain saying she had helped him become more responsible and calm. "I think I have improved a lot as a person after my marriage. I have become very calm and responsible," Raina told iplt20.com.

Ideal Wife

Raina tied the knot with Priyanka, his childhood friend, in April last year.

The left-handed Uttar Pradesh batting mainstay said his wife had no problems with him spending more time with his Gujarat teammates and added that she has understood and supported him well. "She encourages me to spend more time with my teammates even if that means I don't have enough time left for her. Her support and understanding has given me more opportunities to form a bond with this new team, understand my players and gel them together," Raina said.

West Indian and Royal Challengers Bangalore batting powerhouse, Chris Gayle also took a break from the IPL early in the season to be with his partner during the birth of their daughter whom he named 'Blush' after his infamous interview with Australian TV reporter Mel McLaughlin

Raina to become father soon, leaves IPL to join wife in Holland

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock