Good News Supreme Court rejects total ban on internet in Jammu and Kashmir

Rajat Basak

Solutions
Reaction score
And also asked government to review the situation within seven days..

Internet is a fundamental rights under Article 19. Indefinite internet ban impermissible.

Government can't impose section 144 for a long time. Repetitive orders under Section 144 of CrPC will amount to an abuse of power.

They have to give suitable reason behind it on public domain so people can challenge it on court.

Govt. should balance rights of individual with state interest when issuing such orders.

Indefinite Internet Ban Impermissible: Supreme Court Asks Govt to Review J&K Curbs

More than 350 Internet shutdowns in India since 2014

OgutssT.jpg

Worse is district based blockade. I got internet block in Bengal near Alipurduar in July 2017 because of agitation in Darjeeling. Imagine the distance between Alipurduar and Darjeeling.
201 KM.. completely unnecessary i think.
But after this judgement I hope this tendency will reduce. Faith on judiciary slightly restored.. we all missed you when internet was suspended in assam for 1 weeks.

201 KM.. completely unnecessary i think.
But after this judgement I hope this tendency will reduce. Faith on judiciary slightly restored.. we all missed you when internet was suspended in assam for 1 weeks.
I think the blockade was a mistake. I was visiting for wedding. Suddenly speed drop around 7 pm. I called IVR. It said internet services are blocked in the region. Then I explained the distance thing. For some reason sites were working but slow. By midnight everything was fine.

And also asked government to review the situation within seven days..

Internet is a fundamental rights under Article 19. Indefinite internet ban impermissible.

Government can't impose section 144 for a long time. Repetitive orders under Section 144 of CrPC will amount to an abuse of power.

They have to give suitable reason behind it on public domain so people can challenge it on court.

Govt. should balance rights of individual with state interest when issuing such orders.

Indefinite Internet Ban Impermissible: Supreme Court Asks Govt to Review J&K Curbs
we are using 2g speed internet from 31 jan onwards with ban on social media..

"The internet services are already available in Kashmir on fixed line and that too without any speed restrictions as well as 2G speed mobile data services are also operational since 24th January 2020. Restrictions on accessing social media sites have also been lifted from March onwards," Minister of State for Home GK Reddy informed Lok Sabha in a written reply.

Source

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock