Supreme Court issues notice to Centre to regulate online video streaming services content

• Thread starter Bapun
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 21
  • Views: Views 2,583
Waste of time and resources, if someone wants to see the. They will get to see it on a global platform if not regional. It's like piracy. If you block local they'll go global.
Noob people won't do that. They will live with what is available to them easily. So blocking vulgar content will work till an extent in country like India.

You can see rapes and murders are increasing due to such web series. This is a step towards stopping those things.

I m not talking about fundamental rights. They r mere jokes. I m talking about general rights a human being has.

Legal system works on the basis of what's written in constitution and it discards all other rights which are not written there. So there is no general rights of human being except those written in part III

Bro why aren't u understanding. Human rights are there by UNO. N don't we have freedom of expression.

Brothers, firstly arguing on these things with respect to morality is of no use. For one person p**n may be offensive but others might find it okay. So let us not weigh it on this basis.

Real question is that India is vast country with people of varied mindset living in it. One may dislike p**n, other might use it as sexual tension reliever but at the same time there r people who watch such things and get involved in heinous crimes.

We can't simply say that bcoz we have freedom to chose then caring about dangers associated with it is not our responsibility. Policing and conviction is not a solution to everything, one can have strictest rules or fast implementation but that does not act as a deterrent always. As responsible citizens we need to be adjusting for larger good of society.

Unfortunately not only related to this issue but on other fronts too larger public has a selfish perspective. So many OTT platforms r selling vulgarity, n*d*ty, s#x to get subscribers which adds to their revenue and don't give any thought how people's mindset is getting polluted thus leading to so many lives getting destroyed bcoz of serious crimes committed under wrong influence.

Yes, in today's world banning is not the most effective solution but surely making access to such stuff difficult specially for impressionable minds will do lot of good.

Lastly n*d*ty or s#x or obscenity is not required to depict reality on celluloid or small screen. One can communicate all sort of things thru other creative ways and it can be as powerful or effective. Don't understand how being progressive is somehow connected to french, american or european way of showcasing explicit stuff

This is real BS.
We guys must be given the Right to Choose. But no idk where this indian law system is heading. They are invading our choices and Expressions.
Regulations are there on Television no one says it's stopping Freedom of Speech and with heavy increase in internet usage it's important to regulate internet content. Those things work as inoculum and provoke people, it's always better to take precautionary measures before it's too late.

Regulations are there on Television no one says it's stopping Freedom of Speech and with heavy increase in internet usage it's important to regulate internet content. Those things work as inoculum and provoke people, it's always better to take precautionary measures before it's too late.
But these regulations led to politicisation n all.
They will imply regulations on nuditity n cuss words which kinda hinders freedom.
I Don't know why we're so obsessed with Clean n Sanskaari content.

I am understanding you but you are not understanding the issue. Will you tell us Which article of UNO give us Right to choose as you mentioned earlier in post 6 ?

And regarding freedom of expression check here what i said, no point in repeating that SC issues notice to Centre to regulate Netflix, Amazon Prime content
I know there is no such thing asRight to Choose. But it a basic right every adult (18+) has. Don't you get to choose what you want to do with your life or somebody forces it upon you. That's what I'm talking about.
What we wanna watch is our right to choose. Peace out.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock