Seeking Help Suggest me a good stabilizer for my 260Ltr Whirlpool Refrigerator.

• Thread starter hike
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 17
  • Views: Views 3,622
Status
Not open for further replies.

hike

Solutions
Reaction score
Hey guys my Refrigerator started causing problem that it was not cooling well. So, I contact Whirlpool Service and they assigned a technician visit to my house. He open the back pannel of the freezer and found the ice is frozen over the pipeline of air circulation, although my Refrigerator is forst free as well. And told me that this is the air which is frozen inside it so we need to put new air inside it.

And when I ask him the reason for that why it happened he told me that this happened usually due to the power fluctuation.

You also suggest him to use stabilizer to avoid these kind of fluctuation in future. He suggested me Whirlpool Stabilizer which will cost me 2900/-

And after this he took permission from me to send the air filing agent. So, the another agent came and was very humble and tried his best but also found that the thin air supplying pipe is blocked too because of the oil goes inside it. So now I have to send my fridge to nearby service centre of Whirlpool and it is very close to my house.

But, here I got confused whether should I buy Whirlpool stabilizer or go for some other brand. If I can go for something else I want your advice for it guys.
Need Help!

Last edited:
Solution
The brand service people always push their products ahead of others. Don't go for the whirlpool stabilizers. I prefer to buy a V-Guard or Microtek one. They are reputed name in stabilizers. They are even cheaper than Whirlpool ones.

However, power fluctuation is not only reason ffor the ice formation over the refrigerant tubes. After all it carries coolant liquid which is at very low temperature and it is normal to get ice formed over it. But it will be thin layer like scales only. If a thick layer of ice is formed then it can be due to many reasons. Even if your fridge door is not closing properly it can lead to formation of those ice as the compressor has to pump coolants for a longer duration to maintain the temperature inside the...
@mmadhankumar hey bro after repair my Refrigerator is making very much noise and it's heating from both the sides.

That could cause serious damage bro, if not attended quickly.. please call a good mechanic and check it.. probably a faulty relay making the compressor to overrun beyond its capacity..

Whirlpool brand is a big joke now.
Very TRUE. We bought Whirlpool Washing machine and a 3 door (Freezer + Normal + Veg tray) Whirlpool refrigerator some 4-5 years (may be more) back, for the looks and the color available, which was matching our dining and bath room (Yes, stupid decision, I agree). Both gave SERIOUS issues, exactly few weeks after the warranty period. The technicians they sent are way too greedy. The washing machine gave many sleepless nights, that we sent that to scrap and bought Samsung one. Even though Samsung was good enough, it also gives issues (main reason being the heavy salt in our bore water) and parts and service visits are way too costly.

Whirlpool refrigerators are also not at all worthy. But at least it is working now. Have filled gas thrice & changed some parts twice till now. Last year, Whirlpool Technician forced me to buy stabilizer (we have voltage fluctuation issues), especially his useless Whirlpool stabilizer for high price. I rejected him saying, I will never use another Whirlpool product, even if given for FREE. Then I bought a small V-Guard stabilizer, as I am happy with its both of its double boost stabilizers (one in my personal room AC and another for charging my EVs).

My old Voltas refrigerator (200L), has been working good for 2 decades without any issues and changed only due to its small storage space and lack of auto-defrost. I used V-Guard stabilizer with that from the beginning and with Whirlpool one till last year. Yes, total 25+ years, with heavy voltage fluctuations.

I think, now all companies fix time-bomb inside their products, so that it will become faulty, exactly after the warranty period.

Last edited:
My old Voltas refrigerator (200L), has been working good for 2 decades without any issues and changed only due to its small storage space and lack of auto-defrost. I used V-Guard stabilizer with that from the beginning and with Whirlpool one till last year. Yes, total 25+ years, with heavy voltage fluctuations.

I think, now all companies fix time-bomb inside their products, so that it will become faulty, exactly after the warranty period.
Old is gold no doubt all old electronic products are made tough thinking that customer will satisfy with the product. But, today these greedy companies are making cheap products so that customer buy it again.

Last edited:
Very TRUE. We bought Whirlpool Washing machine and a 3 door (Freezer + Normal + Veg tray) Whirlpool refrigerator some 4-5 years (may be more) back, for the looks and the color available, which was matching our dining and bath room (Yes, stupid decision, I agree). Both gave SERIOUS issues, exactly few weeks after the warranty period. The technicians they sent are way too greedy. The washing machine gave many sleepless nights, that we sent that to scrap and bought Samsung one. Even though Samsung was good enough, it also gives issues (main reason being the heavy salt in our bore water) and parts and service visits are way too costly.

Whirlpool refrigerators are also not at all worthy. But at least it is working now. Have filled gas thrice & changed some parts twice till now. Last year, Whirlpool Technician forced me to buy stabilizer (we have voltage fluctuation issues), especially his useless Whirlpool stabilizer for high price. I rejected him saying, I will never use another Whirlpool product, even if given for FREE. Then I bought a small V-Guard stabilizer, as I am happy with its both of its double boost stabilizers (one in my personal room AC and another for charging my EVs).

Yes, I bought washing machine in 2017,within 2 years of purchase(2019) my whirlpool washing machine started giving excessive noise while drying. Luckily that time bomb they fixed inside blasted before the warranty period so got repaired it for free. 😂

He said due to high hardness in water, bearing assembly got rusted and corroded so it needs replacement, it would cost 5-6k but warranty saved me. Other brands don't give such issues. It's whirlpool's poor quality parts making such issues.

My relatives bought same whirlpool washing machine model as mine in the same 2017 year but different colour it also gave same issue this year May month, I suggested them to permanently ditch whirlpool brand and go with LG. Whirlpool is taking us for granted.

I am sure the new bearing assembly which my washing machine got repaired will surely give same issues in future. And another scam from them is their scalegon power (accessories) for that we can use viniger and baking soda to clean the machine.

Bought. Thank You for suggestions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock