Seeking Help Suggest me a good stabilizer for my 260Ltr Whirlpool Refrigerator.

• Thread starter hike
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 17
  • Views: Views 3,620
Status
Not open for further replies.

hike

Solutions
Reaction score
Hey guys my Refrigerator started causing problem that it was not cooling well. So, I contact Whirlpool Service and they assigned a technician visit to my house. He open the back pannel of the freezer and found the ice is frozen over the pipeline of air circulation, although my Refrigerator is forst free as well. And told me that this is the air which is frozen inside it so we need to put new air inside it.

And when I ask him the reason for that why it happened he told me that this happened usually due to the power fluctuation.

You also suggest him to use stabilizer to avoid these kind of fluctuation in future. He suggested me Whirlpool Stabilizer which will cost me 2900/-

And after this he took permission from me to send the air filing agent. So, the another agent came and was very humble and tried his best but also found that the thin air supplying pipe is blocked too because of the oil goes inside it. So now I have to send my fridge to nearby service centre of Whirlpool and it is very close to my house.

But, here I got confused whether should I buy Whirlpool stabilizer or go for some other brand. If I can go for something else I want your advice for it guys.
Need Help!

Last edited:
Solution
The brand service people always push their products ahead of others. Don't go for the whirlpool stabilizers. I prefer to buy a V-Guard or Microtek one. They are reputed name in stabilizers. They are even cheaper than Whirlpool ones.

However, power fluctuation is not only reason ffor the ice formation over the refrigerant tubes. After all it carries coolant liquid which is at very low temperature and it is normal to get ice formed over it. But it will be thin layer like scales only. If a thick layer of ice is formed then it can be due to many reasons. Even if your fridge door is not closing properly it can lead to formation of those ice as the compressor has to pump coolants for a longer duration to maintain the temperature inside the...
The brand service people always push their products ahead of others. Don't go for the whirlpool stabilizers. I prefer to buy a V-Guard or Microtek one. They are reputed name in stabilizers. They are even cheaper than Whirlpool ones.

However, power fluctuation is not only reason ffor the ice formation over the refrigerant tubes. After all it carries coolant liquid which is at very low temperature and it is normal to get ice formed over it. But it will be thin layer like scales only. If a thick layer of ice is formed then it can be due to many reasons. Even if your fridge door is not closing properly it can lead to formation of those ice as the compressor has to pump coolants for a longer duration to maintain the temperature inside the fridge. And more coolants means more ice. Keeping hot or even warm items in fridge is another reason. I have seen people keeping warm things inside fridge saying it will reach room temperature faster. But they forget the fact that they are giving more stress to the compressor and thereby resulting in various issues to the fridge.

Solution
I use whirlpool stabilizer, its not working stable after 3 years of buying. Better go with v-gaurd. My whirlpool stabilizer now restarting often it's not able to withstand voltage fluctuations, sometimes gives high output voltage even when normal input voltage is available.

Also don't listen to whirlpool guys they always try to make you buy their extra accessories.

I prefer to buy a V-Guard or Microtek one. They are reputed name in stabilizers. They are even cheaper than Whirlpool ones.
Could you please suggest me any specific model?
If a thick layer of ice is formed then it can be due to many reasons. Even if your fridge door is not closing properly it can lead to formation of those ice as the compressor has to pump coolants for a longer duration to maintain the temperature inside the fridge. And more coolants means more ice.
This could be the reason I should have buy an alarm door refrigerator. I never left the fridge open but things inside themself open fridge sometimes. Specially during festivals and family functions.
Keeping hot or even warm items in fridge is another reason. I have seen people keeping warm things inside fridge saying it will reach room temperature faster. But they forget the fact that they are giving more stress to the compressor and thereby resulting in various issues to the fridge.
Hm... not my case we always make sure to put warm milk under fan at least one hour before putting in refrigerator. But, our neighborhoods sometimes use our fridge and they might put warm things in it.

We were using our Whirlpool fridge without a stabilizer before. And we had an issue once where the fridge wasn't turning on. The service guy said there's a part that got fried and it's because of voltage fluctuations. He insisted we use a stabilizer, despite the fridge supporting the stabilizer-free operation. The repair at that time cost 4500 and in that, we bought the stabilizer also. We are now using the same stabilizer for our Samsung fridge too, despite it supporting the stabilizer-free operation, fearing the same thing might happen. I think it's been 5 years since we bought the stabilizer and it seems to work fine.

Suggest a good V Gaurd Stabilizer friends for fridge. I'm so much tensed now 😅

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock