Suggest Laptop around 31K

• Thread starter Thread starter hike
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies: Replies 27
  • Views Views: Views 880
@Prithi Deb I've gone through some YouTube videos and where they are stating that buying Intel is good choice against Ryzen for all rounder usage whereas they also stated that being gaming processor Ryzen battery optimisation is not that good.
Is that so?

@Prithi Deb I've gone through some YouTube videos and where they are stating that buying Intel is good choice against Ryzen for all rounder usage whereas they also stated that being gaming processor Ryzen battery optimisation is not that good.
Is that so?
Nothing like that. Both Intel and Ryzen are on par with each other, when comparing same generations. But you can't compare latest generation Ryzen with 3-4 year old generation intel or vise versa. In that case, the latest one would be better.
Regarding gaming, you won't be able to do much gaming on laptops of this price range anyways. But if you still want to do basic gaming, then Ryzen's integrated GPU (Radeon) will perform much better than intel's (iRIS Xe or UHD).

Nothing like that. Both Intel and Ryzen are on par with each other, when comparing same generations. But you can't compare latest generation Ryzen with 3-4 year old generation intel or vise versa. In that case, the latest one would be better.
Regarding gaming, you won't be able to do much gaming on laptops of this price range anyways. But if you still want to do basic gaming, then Ryzen's integrated GPU (Radeon) will perform much better than intel's (iRIS Xe or UHD).
Hm I was thinking about that only. Tomorrow morning I'm going to offline market, any pro tip you would suggest to keep in mind?

any pro tip you would suggest to keep in mind?
  1. Ryzen 7×××U | intel 13××U (or 12××U). (Higher the value of ×, better the performance)
  2. DDR5 RAM. (16 GB, if possible.)
  3. FHD (1080p) Display.
The offline sellers' first and foremost motive is to always try to clear up their old and outdated stocks. So at first they'll recommend something with Ryzen 5×××U or intel 10th/11th Gen. Strictly avoid those.

Also, 8GB RAM would be enough for him?
For the time being, 8GB is good enough for his usage. But I recommend going for 16GB, especially if he will use the laptop for many years and NOT upgrade it in 2 to 3 years. That extra money for that RAM is totally worthy, imho.

And then, we have the NEW greedy creepy M$, which keeps on including bloat + Ads + spyware in the new windows updates. They will make sure that 8GB RAM will feel like 4GB RAM in coming updates.

Backlit KB is good to have. (must have for me)
15.6" screen with extra Num-Pad will be good, if he uses excel extensively.
Option of USB Type-C charging is preferable (along with prop. charging is also very good).
Prefer 16GB RAM and At least one slot of RAM up-gradable, but it is very rare nowadays.
Privacy shutter for the Camera, which is commonly available now.
Option of upgrading SSD - very rare now.
SD slot, Number of USB 3.2 ports min 2 & Type C with charging (as I said earlier)
Most laptops come with MS office life time, which is useful in your case
Buy extended warranty, if he travels a lot.

Last year I bought a laptop with all the above features for just below 50k offline after all offers and cashbacks. Now it must be available around 40k during upcoming sale, may be with some upgradable options removed.

All the best bro (y)

So I went to 3 offline stores in Croma, Lotus and hp. Lotus was asking more than hp for same laptop.

Croma : Acer 15 Aspire Lite
16GB RAM, 512 SSD, Backlit keyboard, Expendable SSD and RAM, dedicated slot for upto 1TB harddisk, full HD display.

asking price :
Ryzen 7 42990
Ryzen 5 37990
Price after (1+2 yrs) extended warranty
Ryzen 7 49828
Ryzen 5 45078
Croma provide service at their store so anything in future happens with laptop or any other electronic item, customer does't need to rush anywhere just go to any nearby Croma store and I ask them to repair your product.
hp : HP Laptop
Ryzen 5, 512 SSD, Backlit keyboard, Expendable SSD and RAM, dedicated SSD slot, full HD display.

asking price :

8GB RAM 40500
16GB RAM 43500

999 for 1 yr accidental warranty and 2499 for (1+2 yrs extended warranty)

hp provide free pick-up and drop on-site service. Also, showroom guy asked me by paying 1500 you can simply extend RAM from 8 to 16 GB.

So I went to 3 offline stores in Croma, Lotus and hp. Lotus was asking more than hp for same laptop.

Croma : Acer 15 Aspire Lite
16GB RAM, 512 SSD, Backlit keyboard, Expendable SSD and RAM, dedicated slot for upto 1TB harddisk, full HD display.

asking price :
Ryzen 7 42990
Ryzen 5 37990
Price after (1+2 yrs) extended warranty
Ryzen 7 49828
Ryzen 5 45078
Croma provide service at their store so anything in future happens with laptop or any other electronic item, customer does't need to rush anywhere just go to any nearby Croma store and I ask them to repair your product.
hp : HP Laptop
Ryzen 5, 512 SSD, Backlit keyboard, Expendable SSD and RAM, dedicated SSD slot, full HD display.

asking price :

8GB RAM 40500
16GB RAM 43500

999 for 1 yr accidental warranty and 2499 for (1+2 yrs extended warranty)

hp provide free pick-up and drop on-site service. Also, showroom guy asked me by paying 1500 you can simply extend RAM from 8 to 16 GB.
Ryzen 5 and 7, I get it. The important question is what generation is it. As I said in my previous reply. If it is 5000 series, then please avoid it. I can see in one of your provided photos, that the Acer has 5500U. That processor generation is already almost 5 year old. How many years do you think it will be able to perform on top of that? Please keep that in mind.

Ryzen 5 and 7, I get it. The important question is what generation is it. As I said in my previous reply. If it is 5000 series, then please avoid it. I can see in one of your provided photos, that the Acer has 5500U. That processor generation is already almost 5 year old. How many years do you think it will be able to perform on top of that? Please keep that in mind.
  1. Ryzen 7×××U | intel 13××U (or 12××U). (Higher the value of ×, better the performance)
  2. DDR5 RAM. (16 GB, if possible.)
  3. FHD (1080p) Display.
The offline sellers' first and foremost motive is to always try to clear up their old and outdated stocks. So at first they'll recommend something with Ryzen 5×××U or intel 10th/11th Gen. Strictly avoid those.
Got it.
For the time being, 8GB is good enough for his usage. But I recommend going for 16GB, especially if he will use the laptop for many years and NOT upgrade it in 2 to 3 years. That extra money for that RAM is totally worthy, imho.

And then, we have the NEW greedy creepy M$, which keeps on including bloat + Ads + spyware in the new windows updates. They will make sure that 8GB RAM will feel like 4GB RAM in coming updates.

Backlit KB is good to have. (must have for me)
15.6" screen with extra Num-Pad will be good, if he uses excel extensively.
Option of USB Type-C charging is preferable (along with prop. charging is also very good).
Prefer 16GB RAM and At least one slot of RAM up-gradable, but it is very rare nowadays.
Privacy shutter for the Camera, which is commonly available now.
Option of upgrading SSD - very rare now.
SD slot, Number of USB 3.2 ports min 2 & Type C with charging (as I said earlier)
Most laptops come with MS office life time, which is useful in your case
Buy extended warranty, if he travels a lot.

Last year I bought a laptop with all the above features for just below 50k offline after all offers and cashbacks. Now it must be available around 40k during upcoming sale, may be with some upgradable options removed.

All the best bro (y)
Which one was it. Got you.

Which one was it. Got you.
Last year, I bought Lenovo IdeaPad 3, with 12th gen i5, 16GB + 512GB (both upgradable)
BackLit KB with NumPad
15.6" FHD anti-glare screen
Win 11 and MS Office 2021 Full
2 USB Type A ports, one is 3.2
1 Type C Port v3.2 & PD charging support (apart from prop. charging port)
1 HDMI, 3.5mm jack, SD card slot
FHD WebCam with privacy shutter

Bought for 49900 in Lenovo Store (offline) incl CC cashback.

There are some better models with 13th gen, but they have totally soldered RAM and storage. Plus I don't play games and I use a Laptop for a long period of time. So I have bought this.

There are some better models with 13th gen, but they have totally soldered RAM and storage. Plus I don't play games and I use a Laptop for a long period of time. So I have bought this.
That's what I should consider @Prithi Deb bro? If yes which one are the such options in suggestions?

Back
Top Bottom