Star Sports 1 & HD1 to telecast Vijender's bout on Saturday

rahul1117kumar

Contributor
Reaction score
Pro-boxing champion Vijender Singh will be facing the former world champion Francis Cheka in his toughest-ever professional fight. The Olympic bronze medallist will be fighting the Tanzanian to defend his WBO Asia-Pacific Super Middleweight title which he won after defeating Kerry Hope in July 2016.

The event, which has had its share of problems due to demonetisation, will be telecast on Star Sports Network.

Although struggling owing to demonetisation, the promoter of the fight -- IOS Group managing director and chief executive officer Neerav Tomar said that they have been able to garner enough support and sponsorships for the fight. “We have around 8-10 sponsors and we are talking to a few more. Despite the crisis, there has been very good response,” Tomar added. Casio is one of the major sponsors on board for the bout, and Poker India is the official gaming partner for the event, highly-placed sources told Indiantelevision.com

Tomar also informed that they’re set to open a pro-boxing school and have zeroed in on 30-odd wrestlers. “16 July will be the day for which boxing fans of our country are waiting for. I am sure this event will be a big boost for Indian boxing and will open roads for other boxers who are keen to turn professional,” he remarked.

The former national squash player also said Delhi would get a refreshing taste of a high-adrenalin boxing show on Saturday.

The fight is scheduled to take place on Thyagraj Sports Complex, New Delhi, starting at 7pm. It will be broadcast on Star Sports 1/HD 1 and the live tickets can be booked on
www.bookmyshow.com , prices ranging from Rs 1000 – Rs 12000. The fight has created a lot of excitement amongst viewers in recent times, with Francis Cheka verbally attacking the Olympic champion at every given opportunity.

Cheka has gone on record saying India would be put to shame in the match as he was going to show why he’s been the world and intercontinental champion. Vijender has been calm and composed, his usual self, saying he’ll show Cheka who is better, in the ring.

Vijender also gave a thumps-up to demonetisation, saying it was a knock-down punch on corruption. The Olympic bronze medallist said that the move was sure to have long-term benefits. The Indian boxer is on an unbeaten 7-0 spree, and will be more than happy to prove his critics wrong eighth time running.

Star Sports 4 & 4HD to telecast Vijender's bout on Saturday, supported by Casio & Poker India | Indian Television Dot Com

RE: Star Sports 4 & HD4 to telecast Vijender's bout on Saturday

Eagerly waiting

Telecasting News is entirly wrong .. Coz epg showing SS1/HD1 vijender match telecast and SS4/HD4 epg showin FIH Junior hockey tournament live telecast .. Btwn i saw the ad too abt vijender match it stated 7pm tommorow live on SS1/HD1 .. Edited

Sai bro, just checked burp website Saturday schedule for SS1 HD it's showing pro boxing schedule at 7.30 pm, so I have now updated the channel details accordingly, hope it's fine now.

rahul1117kumar said:
Sai bro, just checked burp website Saturday schedule for SS1 HD it's showing pro boxing schedule at 7.30 pm, so I have now updated the channel details accordingly, hope it's fine now.

but abt post #01 content bro :huh:shy ..

Vijender Singh remains the ‘Knockout King’

For all of his noise and huge claims, Francis Cheka turned out to be a tame opponent for the ‘King’. As Singh is King blared over the public announcement system at the Thyagraj Stadium, Vijender Singh had retained his WBO Asia Pacific Super middleweight title and it had only taken him three rounds. In fact, it had taken him even lesser. Where Cheka spew and spit blood after a minute and 56 seconds into the third round, Vijender pointed at his corner that this was all done. The referee and the ring announcer confirmed the obvious – a technical knockout.

Even before the official word, the flag was out and was draped around the Indian as he celebrated with his trainer and team.

The 2008 Olympic medallist pointed at Cheka who had resorted to going to his corner after being handed a massive jab from the India’s right. And with that, Vijender had made it 8-0 in Pro Boxing and retained his title.

If the previous two rounds were any signs, this result wouldn’t come as a surprise to any.
Vijender displayed resolute defence comprising both usage of both hands to block any attacks and perfect movement of his feet to move side-to-side and back-and-forth.

Later Vijender in his usual polite manner said, “I spent two months in Manchester to prepare. There have been plenty of sparring and training into this title fight. And in this retaining of the title. Thanks to everyone for the support and to my team for sticking by my side. I don’t need to say much, I believe in punch power and thanks to everyone.”

Promoter Neerav Tomar said Vijender’s progress on to the world stage will take time and it is being worked at by all parties concerned. “We’re going to take this step by step. We might go to UK or China and see how we progress with Vijender Singh.

Vijender Singh remains the ‘Knockout King’ | The Indian Express

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock