Sony Six acquires telecast rights for 2015 Copa América.

• Thread starter Thakur
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 16
  • Views: Views 2,935

Thakur

Banned
Reaction score
e97f0feecff44a9a326ba1691201120f.400x400x1.png

Multi Screen Media's sports channel Sony Six has acquired the live telecast rights to the 2015 edition of Copa América in South Asia.

The tournament serves as the international football championship for South America and is organized every four years by the CONMEBOL, the governing body for the sport in the continent. 

This year’s tournament will be held in Chile from 11 June - 4 July 2015 and will be telecast on Sony Six and Sony Kix.
The Copa América is one of the most prestigious and widely followed sporting events in the world, due, in large part, to the participation from football superpowers such as Brazil, Argentina and Uruguay among others. 

This year’s event will be the tourney’s 44th year in competition and will feature twelve teams, including the ten members of CONMEBOL and two guest sides from North America – Mexico and Jamaica.

Sony Six business head Prasana Krishnan, said, “The Copa América is an iconic competition with almost a centenary-long heritage behind it and we are elated to broadcast the property on our channel. With Copa America, we stand to strengthen our South American offering along with Copa Libertadores, the region’s premier club competition.

The telecast of the tournament also reaffirms our position as the ‘home for international football.”

http://www.indiantelevision.com/television/tv-channels/sports/sony-six-acquires-telecast-rights-for-2015-copa-am-rica-150518

RE: Sony Six acquires telecast rights for 2015 Copa América

So much relieved to hear the news. Last occasion neo have the rights and we've missed the matches in high definition. This time i guess we will enjoy every moments of the game. Cheers!

Hopefully they will show the games in HD coz the promo shows only Sony Kix.

oh god they will now destroy copa America
anybody else would have been better .. even dd

Shadow said:
oh god they will now destroy copa America
anybody else would have been better .. even dd

Sorry buddy to disagree...
neo sports destroyed new Zealand cricket broadcast ...
star sports spoilt seria a broadcast..
ten hd avoided hd cricket broadcast...

u can see star destroyed espn flavour of American sports,
la liga kick off, f 1 kick off show...

I think sony could do a better job than anyone with proper kick off show & hd live telecast...
though they announced sony kix as official broadcast,
still offer matches in hd !

dude we are talking about football here ... so I wont comment on cricket and other sports ...

as far as seria is concerned , I agree they dont telecast it properly... I wouldn't use the word destroy because they hace telecasted the most important matches....

as far as the la liga pre show goes, well I think they have a preshow for elclassico which is more than enough(this is my personal opinion)

so now coming back to Sony's football broadcasting...... There is nothing wrong with sony's telecasting of games because they just use the feed as provided to them....... The problem lies in their horrendous preshows....
The preshows during the FIFA world cup were a disaster!!! it lead to people basically attacking them on twitter and facebook....
They have no clue as to how to telecast football pre/post shows....They tried to mix football with Bollywood and brought a film actor as football expert.... They were in short unwatchable until the semifinals when they got proper experts in...
I still remember them commenting about girls in biikini rather than the game... and who could forget the infamous bike gifting on the opening day, which in turn led to them showing only a part of the opening cermony....
also those morons skipped the national anthem of teams and showed commercial in that spac ee...
in short they were unwatchable..especially at that time (after 12'o clock) ...

I don't know buddy...
if u r happy with foxsports feed for el classico in la liga , I can understand ur passion for football. ..
sorry lots of la liga teams r better than English teams..
even Athletico or Valencia can English champion with ease...
sony may be wrong with bikinis. .but I've seen them bringing many retired footballers during the world cup...

I haven't see any star programme from india for European football other than tht sick "Let's talk football"...

Star is the worst since revamp. ..
Ten doing a decent job for football. ..
Neo don't hv hd...

so it's down to sony or ten..
but glad sony took it; not pathetic star india !

Don't question my passion for Football...
I said it was a personal opinion...you can have different opinions...
As for star program for India for football, the shows they telecast now are miles ahead of any Indian shows when it comes to knowledge about the games... it is true it lacks Indian flavour...

sony did bring some former footballlers, but that is not enough, you need a proper host , having a clueless id*ot as host didnt help their cause....
also I remember peter crouch and mikel Silvestre looking at each other when JA became an football expert overnight...

Ya bro you are right about star sports being very much ahead of Sony

Shadow said:
Don't question my passion for Football...
I said it was a personal opinion...you can have different opinions...
As for star program for India for football, the shows they telecast now are miles ahead of any Indian shows when it comes to knowledge about the games... it is true it lacks Indian flavour...

sony did bring some former footballlers, but
that is not enough, you need a proper host , having a clueless id*ot as host didnt help their cause....
also I remember peter crouch and mikel Silvestre looking at each other when JA became an football expert overnight...

yep similar Harsha Bhogle s expertise than Gavaskar or Ganguly...
star dont hv any house shows for la liga & do u expect them hv one for copa America if they hv the right. ..
wake up bro....

may be ten has decent house shows. .but never star...
they could even hate to Fox Sports Asia s feed nw which they used for years till revamp. ..

unfortunately u hv to satisfy with wht u get from Sony as they bagged the most of international football telecast rights!

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock