Sad News Sony Liv now makes us watch ads to download content

• Thread starter iDJ
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 13
  • Views: Views 2,414
See about this ad process I got to know from you guys only. Show full fledged banner ad for 3-4 sec that's digestive but what's this a complete video 😑
If I am not wrong. No one's got 3-4 secs video ads. Even youtube nowadays shows two ads.
He was mentioning the downloading video content and not ad ....
BTW I am in favour of those ads bcoz they r offering/allowing us to download for free...As @Esmail said they has to get some revenue from their services....
Something I disagree here is ads on launch of the content. The UI is not good. If you accidentally tap on it. There is unskippable ads. Than you gotta watch another one to complete download.
I have compared the cost of DTH paid channels with Their OTT provided same channels...Watching in OTT is very much cheaper than DTH...That's the reason I have deactivated my Tatasky DTH Binge+ Box...
I agree with you. But there is the fact that everyone has different taste. According to that you can save cost. Recently got broadband of Tata Sky along Binge+ DTH connection. You would ask why the DTH? At first it was discounted. Second I am getting channels like BBC and CNN which are not available to stream on any app. And I am definitely not gonna go for third party apps and sites on an expensive TV. So, if I pay for Sony's channels on Tata Sky and stream it on it's website. It is more cost effective than paying for OTT service. I can pay ₹22.42 for SET HD and add/drop sports channels. I can easily save more. Otherwise I would have to pay ₹999 as ₹399 plan doesn't have sports channels.

If I am not wrong. No one's got 3-4 secs video ads. Even youtube nowadays shows two ads.
Oh god it happen again! Here is mean full screen pop-up ad not video. And, that on download option.

I see that I have missed out couple of points on my previous post. Here's what happens you watch something. UI is bad. You click on a episode you can't move out of the episode until you finish the ad. Imagine if you had clicked on an incorrect episode. And the worst part is if you want to download offline. You will be made to see another ad. There is ad when you play the content everytime. This is still better than watching an episode where you will encounter ads multiple times. Here you can watch 14-30 seconds ad at once. You get to enjoy your favourite episodes without any interruption. It's a win-win situation for both streamer and viewer.

I have compared the cost of DTH paid channels with Their OTT provided same channels...Watching in OTT is very much cheaper than DTH...That's the reason I have deactivated my Tatasky DTH Binge+ Box...
Cord cutting will definitely increase in the coming days, but until broadband penetration and affordability doesn't increase mass scale cord cutting is still a decade away for India.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock