- Can watch content 2 screens at a time
- Exclusive premiere every Friday night for a complete year

FeoX53Q.jpg

There is some information mentioned in the Whats New section of Sony LIV

- We can create 5 profiles

FeoX53Q.jpg

It seems Sony is coming with all guns blazing! Hotstar considered the top dog doesn't offer profiles as of yet and sony liv is gonna do! Great. However much like Disney's ABC Studios content scattered around the same with Sony Pictures Television also! It would be great if they are gonna bring all the content they own.

It seems Sony is coming with all guns blazing! Hotstar considered the top dog doesn't offer profiles as of yet and sony liv is gonna do! Great. However much like Disney's ABC Studios content scattered around the same with Sony Pictures Television also! It would be great if they are gonna bring all the content they own.
Only if Sony LIV has visibility, they can go all guns blazing. Right now, apart from the occasional live sports (which many already enjoy on the live tv channels in jiotv and Airtel tv), they have almost 0 visibility. Shows why they've fallen behind in race compared to hotstar and even Zee5, let alone prime video and Netflix..

Danish Khan (head of Sony Tv and Studio Next) took over as head of SonyLiv around 4-6 months back. No wonder we're seeing this push.

Only if Sony LIV has visibility, they can go all guns blazing. Right now, apart from the occasional live sports (which many already enjoy on the live tv channels in jiotv and Airtel tv), they have almost 0 visibility. Shows why they've fallen behind in race compared to hotstar and even Zee5, let alone prime video and Netflix..

Yeah buddy! They dont have much visibility, i dont think they will have visibility even after the revamping! Their biggest problem is licensing the content to Idea, Airtel, Vodafone and even Mx player. No one will use thier app/pay subscription fees as thier Network providers app's providing these content for free. Hotstar even though has a deal in place with Jio allows the jio users to watch sports /Live TV on thier app which lead to the thier user surge. Also i did not even used Sony Liv even though i have a subscription (Bought via Flipkart Coins as they were expiring) in last 3 months.

There is some information mentioned in the Whats New section of Sony LIV

- We can create 5 profiles

FeoX53Q.jpg
Visiting Sets of a Tv Show is a very weird offering for a OTT service.Is it even practical enough to offer such feature.

Except that bottom bar, everything else looks so amazing, just like yet another Netflix clone. That POS looks like it's coming straight Outta Android 2.3 apps...

Who even approved this design? Horrible
The bottom bar is definitely too old (Android Gingerbread, Honeycomb) but the rest looks up to the mark to me. The bigger problem is the LIV part of the logo. Really no need for flashy gradients and that V is out of proportion. The Sony logo is as great as the LIV part is OTT (pun!).

P.S. My first post on OnlyTech I think (maybe second or third).

Last edited:
Aman Srivastava, Head of Marketing – Digital Business (SPN), “We are thrilled to unveil SonyLIV 2.0 with a refreshed & enhanced user experience and a new brand identity to our audiences. This precedes the launch of our premium subscription package in June’20. SonyLIV2.0 is designed to create world class entertainment experience and will be home to some distinctly unique Indian stories for a global audience.”

SonyLIV 2.0 gets a refreshed & enhanced user experience and a new brand identity | OnlyTech.com

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock