Snapdragon 800, 801 SoCs Said to Lack Support for Android 7.0 Nougat.

Saj 007

Reaction score
Snapdragon 800, 801 SoCs Said to Lack Support for Android 7.0 Nougat...

There are some rumours that are easy to dismiss but then there are others that are backed by some information that provides them some level of authenticity. A new rumour that is doing rounds suggests that the devices with either Snapdragon 800 or 801 CPU will not be eligible to get an official Android 7.0 Nougat update.
According to the HTC-focused mobile developer LlabTooFer, who has provided several HTC-related tips in the past, Android 7.0 Nougat update will not be officially released for the HTC One M8 or other devices running the Snapdragon 800 or Snapdragon 801 CPUs because Qualcomm has not made corresponding graphics drivers for the new Vulkan API is present in the latest version of Android to improve gaming performance.
Due to Vulken API, Qualcomm has decided to not release graphics drivers for the devices with its older CPUs, making it impossible for OEMs (and apparently, even Google, for the LG Nexus 5) to provide official Android 7.0 Nougat updates for them.
When Android 7.0 Nougat update started rolling out earlier this week, it became clear that it won't be making its way to Nexus 5 as other recent Nexus devices were provided with the latest version of Google's mobile platform. Considering that Nexus 5 comes equipped with a Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 CPU, the rumour seems plausibly true as of now.
If this information indeed turns out to be true, there will a host of Android devices that will be left out of the Nougat treatment by the California-based company. Such devices include the likes of Samsung Galaxy S5, LG G2, LG G3, OnePlus X, and HTC One M8.

Snapdragon 800, 801 SoCs Said to Lack Support for Android 7.0 Nougat | NDTV Gadgets360.com

I think Lenovo Zuk Z1 is with 801 processor. So no 7.0 for it.
BTW it was launched with Android Lollipop, was supposed to get updated to Marshmallow in June 2016. Did Z1 at least receive Marshmallow update? I've not seen any posts about it.

I have nexus 5 and its true because i didnt got update my current version is marshmallow 6.0.1

its not lack of support... android n can run on both these chips ... but unless Qualcomm officially release the vulkan api for the chips, android n update cant be provided unofficially by the manufacturer

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock