SMS will now be treated as train ticket

Status
Not open for further replies.

iS THAT ME

Reaction score
SMS will now be treated as train ticket

RR7uA.png

Booking an outstation train ticket is much easier now. All it requires is a few keystrokes on your cellphone. The ticket comes in the form of an SMS, which can be shown to the ticket checker instead of a paper ticket.

Railway officials said there was good response to the Mobile Rail Ticket Booking Service, which has been introduced by the IRCTC. Tickets can be booked on the mobile website: www.irctc.co.in/mobile.

The IRCTC mobile website is convenient and easy to use, and can be accessed from any browser enabled mobile having basic GPRS activated on the phone.

After initial registration and downloading the genuine IRCTC software on the mobile handset with internet facility, passengers can book a ticket through the mobile.

After booking, the passenger will receive a reservation message with complete details of the ticket including PNR, Train No, date of journey, class, etc. This virtual message will be treated at par with the print-out of the e-ticket

The simple authorised SMS will have all the vital details, and when displayed through laptops/palmtops/mobile phones combined with valid photo-id in original shall be treated as a valid ticket, an official said. This will take paperless ticketing to the next level, he stated.

Apart from booking a ticket, users can also make an inquiry through a mobile phone about a reservation, check the booked ticket's history (tickets whose date of journey is due will be visible) or just cancel a ticket.

Source

Mr.sudhansu said:
it will be quick and easy.... thanks the introducer

I remember last time i was going t bangalore. At 11 in the nite i remembered that I forgot toprint my e-ticket. I ha to call up the nearby net wala, he opened up his shop annd i took a printout.
Well, it would be so nice when i just hav to show an SMS to the TTE :)

soumyaahuja said:
yes i also heard about this its nice that confirm ticket by sms so book ticket with IRCTC Registration to travel.

Why bumping old threads bro :huh:u

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock