Discussion Should West Indies cricket team be disbanded?

• Thread starter iDJ
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 4
  • Views: Views 1,703

Should West Indies cricket team be disbanded?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

iDJ

Elite
Contributor
Solutions
Reaction score
Source

This is what I said few days. West Indies has become shadow of it's former self where they also enjoyed unfair advantage of picking stronger players of all the Carribbean Islands. Yesterday, Iceland board on twitter also alleged same on how the Caribbean Island gets an unfair advantage. While no other country doesn't enjoy same benefits. Gone are days where only Commonwealth countries played cricket. More and more countries are playing cricket. We have 104 members in the ICC.

Do you think it's time to stop this unfair advantage and disband West Indies team?

It's not like they are the only Team that compromises of multiple countries.

• England - England & Wales
  • Ireland - Republic of Ireland & Northern Ireland
There are multiple African teams like Central Africa, East & West Africa that were there along with West Indies and were obviously dissolved because they their members established individual national teams.

I don't see how they are dominating? It's absolutely rediculous. It's not like they have 1.5 billion people to choose from like India has. Next coming to sporting merit and competition, they are thrown out by associate nations out of the ongoing T20 World Cup. So, they aren't really invincible. Also, no one is really stopping others from forming a new united team now. So, I don't really see any issue there.

Disband them too. Dont think English, Welsh or Irish will lose anything here. Just look at Scotland. They are doing good fine on their own. What's unfair to West Indies is to smaller teams like UAE and Island.

I think ICC should give more chance to associate teams to play more against big team. WI team is almost losing interest in cricket I guess and associate teams should grab this opportunity. Other team is Bangladesh which is failing.

Disband them too. Dont think English, Welsh or Irish will lose anything here. Just look at Scotland. They are doing good fine on their own. What's unfair to West Indies is to smaller teams like UAE and Island.
And Scotland prevents 2 time World Cup winners West Indies from qualifing for the World Cup. Just disband West Indies already.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock