Seeking Help Should the new Linux and Ubuntu be installed on the same drive as Windows or different drive ?

Newb_Dxer

Reaction score
Hi All,

I have just reinstalled windows and now I want to install linux and ubuntu.

Should I install it on same drive as windows or a different one ?

What are advantages and disadvantages of both methods ?

I am waiting eagerly for the reply as only then I can proceed further.

Thanks

Bro Read this:
Easily Install Ubuntu Linux with Windows Using the Wubi Installer
I think this is the best method for you and you can easy uninstall Linux whenever you want
Thanks Bro,

Actually I think linux has been already been unistalled /deleted as I have formatted the internal drive.

So it is a clean install.I have installed Windows on C drive,should I now install linux on the same C drive as that of Windows or another drive ?

Please do reply soon as I am waiting.

Bro, you can use Wubi installer and if you are using Wubi installer follow the guide which I've shared.. and if you are installing on your own install in another drive

Last edited:
Bro, you can use Wubi installer and if you are using Wubi installer follow the guide which I've shared.. and if you are installing on your own install in another drive
I think I will install linux and ubuntu on my own in D drive from the Ubuntu CD.

Any guide for that ?

In my opinion it's better to install linux on separate Drive. I Don't like Wubi method. If you want to run Linux inside Windows by using Wubi then why don't you use Virtual Box instead. It is much better and safe way than Wubi.

But if you want to run linux with full potential then install it separately.

In my opinion it's better to install linux on separate Drive. I Don't like Wubi method. If you want to run Linux inside Windows by using Wubi then why don't you use Virtual Box instead. It is much better and safe way than Wubi.

But if you want to run linux with full potential then install it separately.
Thanks for your opinion.

In case I install Linux / Ubuntu on a seperate drive how to switch between Windows and Linux after installing Ubuntu ?

I mean what will be the method ?

Last edited:
I will first try to install Lubuntu in a seperate internal drive as suggested by guys earlier.

Thanks for the suggestions.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock