Should I go for Prepaid or Postpaid JioFiber? Help me in deciding!

• Thread starter Thread starter ginkomushi
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies: Replies 15
  • Views Views: Views 1,513

ginkomushi

Reaction score
Hello guys i am bit confused! Should u go for jio fiber prepaid 699 plan or go for jio fiber postpaid 899 plan?

On jio website it shows that this plan have almost 800+ channels?

Can someone send me a list of channels or pdf if they have please?

Thankyou if you can then i can easily decide what is good for me because here channels pays much more importance.

1. Go for prepaid. I know installation is not free. But it's better that way. You have better freedom to recharge or switch to a different broadband to as per your convenience.

2. List of channels are available on this thread.

3. If you just want to watch tv. Get ₹399 (30 Mbps) + ₹200 (OTT) = ₹706.82 with GST. It covers all tv channels.

1. Go for prepaid. I know installation is not free. But it's better that way. You have better freedom to recharge or switch to a different broadband to as per your convenience.

2. List of channels are available on this thread.

3. If you just want to watch tv. Get ₹399 (30 Mbps) + ₹200 (OTT) = ₹706.82 with GST. It covers all tv channels.
Thanks they were giving me free installation if i recharge for 3 months

Thanks they were giving me free installation if i recharge for 3 months
They do offer free installation on 3 months plan.

Do note that this free installation and no security deposit will be a postpaid connection which means you have to pay on a billing cycle and can not pause the connection. Even if you failed to pay, your connection will continue to generate bill and you need to clear that at some point.

Whereas the prepaid connection works in a recharge basis similar to mobile prepaid connection. Hence you can hold the connection without recharging when required.

Both connection types having their pros and cons. Also, prepaid connection are rarely given these days by JioFiber. If you are getting it, you should go for it.

Do note that this free installation and no security deposit will be a postpaid connection which means you have to pay on a billing cycle and can not pause the connection. Even if you failed to pay, your connection will continue to generate bill and you need to clear that at some point.
This is the biggest con of getting postpaid connection. This is why I discourage anyone from getting postpaid connection.

Whereas the prepaid connection works in a recharge basis similar to mobile prepaid connection. Hence you can hold the connection without recharging when required.

Both connection types having their pros and cons. Also, prepaid connection are rarely given these days by JioFiber. If you are getting it, you should go for it.
Oh so it means that 3 months free installation was for postpaid? I thought that it was for prepaid too

Oh so it means that 3 months free installation was for postpaid? I thought that it was for prepaid too
There's no free installation thing for prepaid. In JioFiber prepaid, they charge Rs.1000 (for installation - non-refundable) + Rs.500 (for device security - refundable on disconnection) for internet-only connection.

The total connection amount becomes Rs.2500 for ONT + STB prepaid connection.

The above are the charges for prepaid connection and the plan charges are extra as per your selection but you can take one month plan also, no need of long term plan selection unlike postpaid connection.

Recently I too bought a new connection at my home and wanted 30mbps plan. So thought of getting prepaid connection. But sadly, with the prepaid all the lower plans under 150mbps plans have been stopped. So, if we need prepaid, we have to go to 999+18%GST (150mbps) plan only. That was the case in my locality (Bengaluru). With no other option, I opted for postpaid connection only.
As others stated, prepaid is best suited if we are travelling as we can stop recharging and continue using it whenever required. If possible, try booking and enquire about prepaid plans in your locality.

Back
Top Bottom