Shane Jurgensen appointed full-time bowling coach of New Zealand

Shivraj

Reaction score
New Zealand Cricket (NZC), on Tuesday (November 15), confirmed that Shane Jurgensen will serve as the full-time bowling coach of the national set-up until 2019. The former Western Australian seamer was initially appointed as the bowling coach of New Zealand on an interim basis in February this year.
Earlier, Jurgensen served as the bowling coach of New Zealand for a period of two years from 2008 to 2010. He had also worked as the head coach of Bangladesh and Fiji cricket teams. Under his tenure as the head coach of Bangladesh, the fledgling nation whitewashed New Zealand in a One-Day International (ODI) series in 2013 at home.
"We got to know Shane and got to know how he worked with the group," New Zealand head coach Mike Hesson said. "He's very hard-working. He put in a lot of work behind the scenes with scouting and providing the guys with information. That's certainly something you can't underestimate. He's also technically very good. It's about providing him some security and us with some consistency."
"His knowledge of all conditions and his overall experience has been evident during his time with us," Hesson observed. "He was on a trial, I guess, really - to see how he fitted into the group and also to see how he enjoyed it. But his wife's a Kiwi and he's keen to move over here. We wanted someone who was based in New Zealand as well."
New Zealand have impressive pace-bowling stocks, comprising Trent Boult, Tim Southee, Matt Henry and Neil Wagner. The trio of Adam Milne, Lachie Ferguson and Hamish Bennett are waiting in the wings. Jurgensen praised the current crop of fast bowlers for their work ethic and noted that his role was to help them achieve their goals.
"New Zealand has a hugely talented group of bowlers who aren't afraid to put the hard work in," Jurgensen said. "They want to be the best in the world and it'll be my mission to help them achieve that goal."

http://opera.m.cricbuzz.com/cricket...ointed-full-time-bowling-coach-of-new-zealand

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock