Sanjay Leela Bhansali Slapped, His Hair Pulled By Protesters On Padmavati Sets In Raj

• Thread starter Sagar
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 26
  • Views: Views 2,676

Sagar

Contributor
Reaction score
Jaipur: Filmmaker Sanjay Leela Bhansali was attacked and the sets of his film "Padmavati" at a fort in Jaipur were vandalized by protesters who alleged that the film shows a much-celebrated Rajput queen in poor light.

Mr Bhansali is slapped, beaten and his hair is pulled by members of the Rajput Karni Sena, who stormed the shoot at Jaigarh Fort.

They shouted protests and alleged that the film has love scenes between Queen Padmini and ruler Alauddin Khilji, played by actors Deepika Padukone and Ranveer Singh.

The Karni Sena says Padmini was a proud queen known for taking her own life rather than submit to Alauddin Khilji, the emperor who attacked the Chittorgarh Fort.

Padmini committed "Jauhar" or immolated herself with scores of other women as Alauddin Khilji waited to conquer the fort and claim her.

The Rajput Karni Sena has demanded that Mr Bhansali delete such scenes in the film if any.

Souce with Video on NDTV.com

ssjambla said:
Not everything is for entrtainmnt...sanjay must learn that

What more to expect when the industry is run by the D company?? Long since I stopped going to theatres for bollywood movies..

For me, only hollywood, south or assamese movies in theatre.. Bollywood is either on tv, or piracy(don't support piracy, but better its than filling the pockets of people like Dawood Ibrahim and Mahesh Bhatt)...

I don't support hitting and beating him...
But Its true that he misinterpret facts In every movie...
For eg: Devdas -- he shown paro n chandramukhi dancing together... But the Novel don't have it... They met for few seconds..
Bajirao the real warrior was now known for his love for mastani...
Now in this movie he is accused of showing rani padmini having love with Alluddin Khilji, but real facts are that she committed suicide because not to surrender herself..
He should show our history as it is ... Not destroy it by imparting his own fantasy... .
And those karni sena is a group of morons nothing else

Optimus_Prime said:
I don't support hitting and beating him...
But Its true that he misinterpret facts In every movie...
For eg: Devdas -- he shown paro n chandramukhi dancing together... But the Novel don't have it... They met for few seconds..
Bajirao the real warrior was now known for his love for mastani...
Now in this movie he is accused of showing rani padmini having love with Alluddin Khilji, but real facts are that she committed suicide because not to surrender herself..
He should show our history as it is ... Not destroy it by imparting his own fantasy... .
And those karni sena is a group of morons nothing else
bro he create fiction and he mention it as such...read disclaimer before movie starts :dodgy ..nd he is best in it..we have to stop being oversensitive... :wall

Tha.RP8 said:
What more to expect when the industry is run by the D company?? Long since I stopped going to theatres for bollywood movies..

For me, only hollywood, south or assamese movies in theatre.. Bollywood is either on tv, or piracy(don't support piracy, but better its than filling the pockets of people like Dawood Ibrahim and Mahesh Bhatt
kuch bhi... :huh D company :D

harshit9935 said:
bro he create fiction and he mention it as such...read disclaimer before movie starts :dodgy ..nd he is best in it..we have to stop being oversensitive... :wall

Then change the character names .. By putting same character names from history and changing the real story in the name of ficition , put it in disclaimer for just two lines before start of movie .. Then he will get this only ..

harshit9935 said:
kuch bhi... :huh D company :D

D company=Dawood Ibrahim, and its an open secret of bollywood that no movie can be made without his permission, and if in rarest of rare cases, if someone refuses to follow his orders, they get death threats, and then he makes sure those movies incur heavy losses using his network of film critics, a handful of hall owners and all his chamchas ranging from producers to spot boys in bollywood.... One of the best examples of such films is the recently released "Coffee with D" movie starring Sunil Grover....

Sai Laxman said:
Then change the character names .. By putting same character names from history and changing the real story in the name of ficition , put it in disclaimer for just two lines before start of movie .. Then he will get this only ..

thank you bro! for supporting.. for the 1st time we having same thinking,.,,:shy :shy

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock