Samsung Working On 2 GHz Dual-Core Phones

Napster

Reaction score
Amazed by the blazing fast CPU of the Samsung Galaxy S II? Well, there is more to come. Samsung is reportedly working on a 2 GHz dual-core processor chip, and it is expected to be ready by 2012. South Korean website Daum has quoted an anonymous high-ranking official from Samsung as saying, "We are planning to release a 2 GHz dual core CPU-equipped smartphone by next year. This product will have the data processing capacities of a regular PC".

Personally, I do feel that this CPU will be absurdly powerful for a phone, but I'm sure that developers will make a good use of it. Hopefully, it will also work as a wake-up call for netbook manufacturers who are still mostly building machines around a single core 1.6 GHz Atom processor. I assume that Android will be the first OS to benefit from this chip, as a continuation of the popular Galaxy series of smartphones. The only concern will be its battery performance.

no need to buy 2 GHz dual-core processor Cpu,
all work done by this @ Good speed :p

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock