• Start date
  • Replies: Replies 16
  • Views: Views 1,653

Siva

Staff member
Community Manager
Solutions
Reaction score
  • Samsung just announced a new policy for Samsung updates.
  • The policy states that all Android-based Galaxy-branded devices from 2019 or later will now get four years of security patches.
  • That includes every Galaxy line: Galaxy S, Note, Z, A, XCover, and Tab, for a total of over 130 models.
Last year, Samsung surprised us all by announcing it would support its most recent phones with three years of Android upgrades. That’s an extra year on top of the de facto two-year upgrade promise Google requires of OEMs (but rarely enforces).

Today, Samsung upped the ante on that promise. Now, every Galaxy-branded Android device from 2019 or later will get four years of security patches. These Samsung updates will land on all devices from its various lines: Galaxy S, Note, Z, A, XCover, and Tab.

All Samsung devices from 2019 or later will get 4 years of security updates

Samsung Takes Galaxy Security to the Next Level by Extending Updates

XNS3hxT.png

First lure the customers by promising updates for 3 or 4 years& then make the device unusable within 2 years.
Great strategy :ROFLMAO:
Apart from that, the post 1 year software updates makes the device laggy. Do you guys have also experienced the same issue or it is just me?

Once you buy a device, the newer updates are good/fixes many bugs device got initially. Later on they deliberately push updates to slowdown the device. I have experienced this with Samsung S series flagship devices.

Apart from that, the post 1 year software updates makes the device laggy. Do you guys have also experienced the same issue or it is just me?

Once you buy a device, the newer updates are good/fixes many bugs device got initially. Later on they deliberately push updates to slowdown the device. I have experienced this with Samsung S series flagship devices.
Yeah, I saw many complaints online too!

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock