• Replies: Replies 7
  • Views: Views 1,218

Bapun

Staff member
Community Manager
Solutions
Reaction score
Samsung Cloud Service Policy Changes

Hello, we would like to inform you that the service policy of Samsung Cloud has changed. From February 6th, 2018, the following changes will be applied:
Service Policy Changes
- Target: App data for users who backed up apps on Samsung Cloud
- Changes: App data for 3rd party apps will no longer be backed up on Samsung cloud. After this change you will not be able to backup app data or restore it from a previous backup on Samsung cloud. Any existing data from previous backups will be deleted immediately in accordance with provisions of relevant statues and regulations. Users who need to back up app data should do so using Smart Switch or the backup and restore functionality of each third party application, if available.
- What is still supported ?
Samsung cloud will continue to support backup and sync of the following items and the data will continue to be available on Samsung Cloud
. Homescreen, app installation files, and other settings in mobile device
. Application’s setting and data for Samsung apps such as Contacts, Calendar, Internet, and Samsung Notes
. User data like Photos, Videos, Music, and Documents

Disposal of Personal Information
- After this change, Samsung will promptly destroy your personal information that was collected for the purpose of delivering the service. However, if there is the obligation to retain information in accordance with the provisions of the relevant statutes, the information shall be retained, and immediately destroyed after the expiration of the retention period prescribed by current and applicable regulations.

Samsung Cloud no longer supports third-party app backups, user data being deleted in February 2018

Effective Date of the Amended Terms of Service: October 27, 2018
[Amendments]

3.9 Samsung may irretrievably delete all of your data in the event that you do not use Samsung Cloud services for more than twelve (12) months. Also note that if you do not use data in each of the specific content categories of your Samsung Cloud, such as contacts, calendars, photos, videos, keyboard data, etc., for more than twelve months, the respective content category and its data will be deleted and you will no longer be able to recover that data. Samsung will provide you with 30-day advance notice prior to the deletion of your data. For purposes of this provision, “use” or “used” shall mean accessing, uploading to, or downloading data from Samsung Cloud services. This Article 3.9 does not apply to paid service users.

3.10 If any of your devices have not backed up to Samsung Cloud for more than one year, Samsung reserves the right to delete any backups associated with such device. Note that the backup may include call logs, SMS/MMS, app installation package data, app settings, music and document files, voice recordings, and information on device settings. Samsung will notify you of the backup expiration date. You are entirely responsible for backing up or storing your content or information before the expiration date to avoid loss of your content. Samsung is not liable or responsible for any loss that occurs due to you not taking action to back up or store your content and/or data.

terms | Samsung account

-------------------------------------
Access Samsung cloud from web browser: Samsung Cloud

Free Storage Space of Samsung Cloud will be Reduced from 15GB to just 5GB from 1 June 2019.

Users who signed up before 1 June will get 15GB for free but those who sign up on or after 1 June will get just 5GB of Cloud Storage.

Samsung Cloud drops free storage from 15GB to 5GB as Google Drive grandfathers some users' 20GB plans
What the 🤬 Samsung! Already 15GB cloud sync space was over on mine so i decided to unsync some data. Now i can't squeeze them to 5GB. Impossible!

Opening Samsung Cloud now requires update. Surely the force upgrade is to reduce free storage to 5GB.

LsEt844.jpg

What the 🤬 Samsung! Already 15GB cloud sync space was over on mine so i decided to unsync some data. Now i can't squeeze them to 5GB. Impossible!

Opening Samsung Cloud now requires update. Surely the force upgrade is to reduce free storage to 5GB.
No bro, nothing will happen to your Samsung cloud account. It'll remain 15 GB.
Luckily, though, this applies to new Samsung Cloud users who sign up from June 1st onwards. Users who’ve signed up before May 31st will not see their current storage quota affected.

I'm using only 0.2%. Only SMS is backed up. For everything else it is either OneDrive or Google photos.

AscPwCL.jpg

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock