Sad News Sahara Group founder Subrata Roy has passed away

It was just yesterday I posted about Sahara GEC's most successful television serial Woh Rehne Waali Mehlon Ki.

Om Shanti

Last edited:
He was suffering from lung cancer from a long time.His rise as well as fall was meteoric.At a time when there was little employment in India beyond govt. jobs,he had a work force of more than 10 lakh people.I know many people who earned their bread working for Sahara and many who made lot of money from its deposit schemes.Anyway as it is with most Indian entrepreneurs,he exceeded his limits and ended up earning notoriety.RIP!

He was suffering from lung cancer from a long time.His rise as well as fall was meteoric.At a time when there was little employment in India beyond govt. jobs,he had a work force of more than 10 lakh people.I know many people who earned their bread working for Sahara and many who made lot of money from its deposit schemes.Anyway as it is with most Indian entrepreneurs,he exceeded his limits and ended up earning notoriety.RIP!

Business men should stay away from politics, his fall started when he made a statement for Sonia Gandhi.

Business men should stay away from politics, his fall started when he made a statement for Sonia Gandhi.

I am not sure whether his assessment was right but history tells us that the businessmen's lured by early success try to overdiversify,live a larger than life image end up ruining their business.Vijay Mallya is another example.Anyway i feel that once upon a time Subrata Roy was as powerful as Ambani and Adani are now and political parties realize their importance for funding needs and rarely end up in opposite camps unless their is serious personal issues.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock