Saeed Ajmal Suspended for Chucking, vows to play 2015 Cricket WC

Supreetz

Reaction score
Saeed Ajmal Suspended for Chucking, vows to play 2015 Cricket WC

Saeedprv_917bb_1410244296.jpg

Brisbane: The International Cricket Committee (ICC) has confirmed that the Independent analysis has found the bowling action of Pakistan's Premier off-spinner, Saeed Ajmal, to be Illegal, and hence has placed him under suspension from bowling in International Cricket with immediate effect.

In this press release, the opex body has also added that the independent analysis found that all his (Ajmal) deliveries exceeded the 15-degree limit of tolerance permitted under the regulations.

Ajmal, who was repoted for chucking by the two on-field umpires, Ian Gould and Bruce Oxenford, the third umpire, Richard Illingworth, and match refree, Andy Pycroft, during the first Test against Sri Lanka at Galle in August, can apply for a re-assessment after he has modified his bowling action in accordance with Clause 2.4 of the Regulations for the Review of Bowlers Reported with suspected Illegal Bowling Action.

Read more here
Saeed Ajmal suspended for chucking, vows to play 2015 cricket WC | Cricket News | Latest Cricket Updates | Cricbuzz.com

Reactions: iSK
Why the ICC has woken up, after so many years....
I dont say, he chucks or not..

But, action should have been taken long ago... this is not d correct time, for this decision.. when one is close to ending his carrer.

If he wud have been adviced earlier... may be he wud ave made neccessary changes to his action... but now its too late, I feel. :u

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock