Rohit Sharma ruled out for six to eight weeks due to injury

rahul1117kumar

Contributor
Reaction score
Rohit Sharma, the Indian batsman, has been ruled out for a considerable period of time due to an injury that he suffered during the final One-Day International against New Zealand. The injury to his thigh muscle tendon is one that is set to keep him out for six to eight weeks. He has already been ruled out of the entire five-Test series against England that starts on November 9.

"Unfortunately we have all seen on TV that Rohit Sharma has been badly injured. There is a chance of surgical intervention. He will be assessed in England. In case itis required, he will undergo surgery," said chief selector MSK Prasad while announcing the squad for the first two Tests against England on Wednesday (November 2).

"Without surgery Rohit is out for six to eight weeks and it could be more in case he needs a surgery," he added.

Sharma had done well in the previous Test series against New Zealand scoring three fifties in as many Tests and also top scored with a 70 in the ODI series decider in Visakhapatnam. In that ODI, Rohit was on 46 when the first signs of the injury cropped up. He was strapped up on the field before going on to bat on for four more overs. He did not take the field in the second innings though.

The Test series against England ends on December 20. England will take a break and return to play the ODI series on January 15, 2017. It remains to be seen if Sharma does recover in time for that series but it is likely that he could be out for longer if medical assessments suggest so.

Rohit Sharma ruled out for six to eight weeks due to injury - Cricbuzz

He may be available in India v England odi series from 15 January :tup

amarnathkvk said:
Sorry bro's I have edited my comment requesting @sai bro and @rushil bro's to update the quoted post

I am very sorry for that comment

No problem bro :) .. I too edited my whole post :tup:) ..

amarnathkvk said:
But I never meant or that comment related to his recovery bro :(

I know u amar :) .. But anyone saw that ur comment he will take like that only :s .. But i know u talked abt his presence in team and that too was kiddy :) .. So avoid all these better post just " Get well soon " .. That only i indicated in my reply .. So no issues forget it nothing to worry anymore :luv:tup:hs;) #cheersboy ..

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock