Rodgers plays game of patience

Reaction score
Swansea City manager Brendan Rodgers says he is in the market for new recruits but has urged fans to be patient.

Fresh from securing promotion into the Barclays Premier League, the Swans have been linked with a lengthy list of potential signings this summer.

Rodgers insists most of the rumours have no substance to them, with the majority of players he is reported to be in the market for not in his plans.

He is, however, looking to bolster his ranks during the current transfer window and has revealed that he is waiting to hear back on a number of bids.

"I am out of the country on holiday at the moment, but I am on the phone constantly," Rodgers said.

"I think we have seen already that we are going to a new level in the Premier League in terms of gossip and rumour.

"Agents are working hard to try and move players and unfortunately that's what you read about in a lot of the media nowadays.

"We have been linked with all sorts of keepers, for instance, who are just not in my thinking.

"There is a whole media circus which comes with being in the Premier League, and it's been incredible reading about some of the players we are supposed to have made bids for.

"I just hope our fans can be patient.

"I have spoken to players and we have bids in for players and there will be movement between now and the end of August."

Rodgers, who has drafted in Danny Graham and Steven Caulker this summer but lost Darren Pratley and Dorus de Vries, added: "I have had discussions with managers and with players that I like.

"We are waiting to see how things develop now.

"There are lots and lots of players who are interested in joining us and over the course of the summer there will be signings."

http://www.premierleague.com/page/Headlines/0,,12306~2385098,00.html

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock