Rio 2016 Olympics ~ Updates

• Thread starter Thread starter Chezhiyan
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies: Replies 774
  • Views Views: Views 41,872
India’s Day 13 schedule, August 18 in IST, India time: PV Sindhu, Usain Bolt to be in action

Badminton: Women ‘s singles semifinal – 17:50 hrs: Having seen off the world No.2, Sindhu now takes on old nemesis, Japan’s Nozomi Okuhara, for a place in the final.

Athletics 20:10 hrs: Men’s 4×100 Relay heats. where Bolt and the Jamaicans take centre-stage. 20:30 hrs: Men’s 400 m Hurdles final will see a run-down field this time.

Golf (Women) 16:00 hrs: Aditi Ashok is ranked 56th.

Wrestling (Women) Freestyle 53kg (Qualification & Finals)
18:30 hrs onwards: 2014 CWG champion Babita Kumari will be the Indian grappler on show.

Athletics: Women’s Javelin Throw Final
05:40 hrs: Czech Republic’s Barbora Spotakova is among the front runners in the event, especially since the 35-year-old has been the reigning Olympic champion since Beijing 2008.
women’s 400 m hurdles final

06:45 hrs: Czech Republic’s Zuzana Hejnova is the only podium finisher from London to make the final. Though she ranked fourth in the semi-final. But she did win her heat.

Basketball(Women) 03:30 hrs: Semifinal: The American team is looking to win their sixth consecutive Olympic gold, but will have to overcome a resilient French side to get one step closer to their ultimate goal.

Diving (Final) 00:30 hrs: Women’s 10m Platform: It’ll again be a case of China looking to dominate and add to their gold tally.

Boxing (final) 00:00 hrs: Kazakhstan’s Adilbek Niyazymbetov will compete against Cuban pugilist Julio Cesar La Cruz.

Field Hockey (Men’s Final) 01:30 hrs: Belgium was considered a dark horse, while Argentina was considered to have a slight chance, yet unexpectedly, two of world hockey’s most improved teams are now fighting for the gold.

Shot Put Men’s final: 05:00 hrs: Standing at 6-foot-8, Poland’s Tomasz Majewski was once a basketball prodigy. The ‘Silent Giant’ then became his country’s first shot-put gold medalist after 36 years in Beijing and was awarded the Order of Polonia Restituta. Now, he’s looking to make it three out of three.

India’s Day 13 schedule, August 18 in IST, India time: PV Sindhu, Usain Bolt to be in action | The Indian Express

Optimus_Prime said:
SAKSHI MALIK HAS DONE IT!!!!!
INDIA HAVE WON BRONZE IN WOMEN'S 58kg FREESTYLE WRESTLING AT Rio 2016 Olympics!!!!

Posting a comment in Full caps is against forum rules :shy ..

Sai Jai said:
Posting a comment in Full caps is against forum rules :shy ..

Bro,
Saakshi has done a briliant job.
thats y I've posted in Caps.
and Bro, I know all the rules here.... :shy :shy

Optimus_Prime said:
Bro,
Saakshi has done a briliant job.
thats y I've posted in Caps.
and Bro, I know all the rules here.... :shy :shy

yeah .. Brilliant job .. For that you can posted in lower case words sentence with color code know that will give the happiness :) .. Instead of full caps itz looking odd :( .. Yeah i to know you know all the rules of our forum that why requesting you in a friendly manner instead of Report :) ..

Congrats to Saakshi for getting Bronze medal...
But as worlds second populous country we are struggling for getting a single medal while infamous small nations are getting gold medals...
I dont think its time to celebrate rather but we should feel ashamed for struggling for a single medal...
Frnds I am not commenting on hard works of Saakshi but if our system gives proper attention to other sports too I am damn sure she must have got Gold medal...
I think our Indian Govt should pay attention to other sports also after this..

[P.S.: These are my private opinions if anyone or admin finds wrong he/she can report it or delete my post]

Ashok L said:
Congrats to Saakshi for getting Bronze medal...
But as worlds second populous country we are struggling for getting a single medal while infamous small nations are getting gold medals...
I dont think its time to celebrate rather but we should feel ashamed for struggling for a single medal...
Frnds I am not commenting on hard works of Saakshi but if our system gives proper attention to other sports too I am damn sure she must have got Gold medal...
I think our Indian Govt should pay attention to other sports also after this..

[P.S.: These are my private opinions if anyone or admin finds wrong he/she can report it or delete my post]

Ur view is correct to some extent
If we eliminate politics from sports then we can also complete with other countries like GBR, china or USA at Olympic level. Proper planning and execution of those plan is very much necessary.Only a SAI (sports authority of India) can't help it out. We , the common people, have to give equal respect to all sports like What we do with Cricket. A dedicated team is necessary to guide the athelete consisting of ex olympian like PT Usha, K.Maleshwari, R.S.Rathod, A.Bindra etc etc.
and last thing, Indian Govt must build up proper infrastructure for 2020 Tokio Olympic to gain double digit no at medal tally

d solution to this problem is simple:

Put in more money, so that d sport becomes lucrative for masses !! :k

More d money, higher no. of ppl will try their hands at the sport, higher d probability of better talents emerging out of vaster pool of ppl playing that sport :k

Back
Top Bottom