Restaurants, hotels can sell bottled drinking water above MRP

• Thread starter Sarkar
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 15
  • Views: Views 1,817

Sarkar

Reaction score
The Supreme Court allowed hotels and restaurants on Tuesday to sell bottled drinking water and packaged food at more than the maximum retail price (MRP) printed on these items.

The court rejected the government’s argument that overcharging for pre-packed or packaged products was an offence under the legal metrology act, which attracts a fine of Rs 25,000 or a jail term.

Restaurants, hotels can sell bottled drinking water above MRP, says Supreme Court

So next time don't argue, just pay whatever the bill amount

The Supreme Court allowed hotels and restaurants on Tuesday to sell bottled drinking water and packaged food at more than the maximum retail price (MRP) printed on these items.

The court rejected the government’s argument that overcharging for pre-packed or packaged products was an offence under the legal metrology act, which attracts a fine of Rs 25,000 or a jail term.

Restaurants, hotels can sell bottled drinking water above MRP, says Supreme Court

So next time don't argue, just pay whatever the bill amount
Just ask/know it before you buy or just ask them to bring the sada pani!

Just ask/know it before you buy or just ask them to bring the sada pani!

I hope they will not say Sada pani not available or not safe to drink so they only keep bisleri

So we should check price of water on their menu before opting for it in hotels, now that there is no law they will charge what ever they like (n)

The court rejected the government’s argument that overcharging for pre-packed or packaged products was an offence under the legal metrology act, which attracts a fine of Rs 25,000 or a jail term
For a change, good to see the Government's stance 😊

Hope water price won't exceed compare to main food

That will not happen but expect Rs 10-20 more than MRP, last time when I was in Orissa, there hotels were charging me Rs 40 for 2 lit Bisleri(MRP was Rs 28 I think)

That will not happen but expect Rs 10-20 more than MRP, last time when I was in Orissa, there hotels were charging me Rs 40 for 2 lit Bisleri(MRP was Rs 28 I think)
Hmm

Better should take home water with us as i always do :)

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock