Reliance Jio testing Live TV (IPTV) service on Jio STB

• Thread starter Thread starter Bapun
  • Start date Start date
  • Featured
  • Replies Replies: Replies 565
  • Views Views: Views 101,640
I got that new logo update way back in december and then ui was started showing in February after that nothing new has happened.
There was a new update pushed out today. My STB got updated to this version.

New version of Live TV app (com.jio.stb.catv) is 1.0.63.2

It was full even yesterday as I checked. Today they have made changes, after @avipersistent bro's post, I rechecked and it allowed me to sign up as a beta tester on JioStore.
What I could get is that they are doing in phases. Live TV will be provided I guess from cable operators near to your area like in my case Hathway is the nearest , the others being DEN. They will surely monetize it and will charge additional subscription charges , otherwise it makes no business sense to it as somewhere being quoted in our forum by Ashok Varma if I am not wrong.

Last edited:
What I could get is that they are doing in phases. Live TV will be provided I guess from cable operators near to your area like in my case Hathway is the nearest , the others being DEN. They will surely monetize it and will charge additional subscription charges , otherwise it makes no business sense to it as somewhere being quoted in our forum by Ashok Varma if I am not wrong.
According to me, it will work without cable TV input because the newer Jio STBs that is generally provided with AirFiber don't have the co axial IN port. But the Live TV app is present on every STB, be it new model or old model.

According to me, it will work without cable TV input because the newer Jio STBs that is generally provided with AirFiber don't have the co axial IN port. But the Live TV app is present on every STB, be it new model or old model.
Yes agreed means the feed only routed centrally from these 2 cable operators to Jio STB without requiring any cable TV input.

Back
Top Bottom