Reliance Jio largest network globally with 16000 TB data per day: Credit Suisse

Sarkar

Reaction score
China Unicom and Bharti are the fourth and fifth telecom carries globally in terms of data carried on a daily basis.

NEW DELHI: Reliance Jio is already the largest network globally in terms of data carried with 16,000 terabytes (TB) per day of traffic, ahead of China Mobile and Vodafone Global that carry 12,000 TB and 6, 000 TB traffic, respectively, on a daily basis, Credit Suisse said in a statement.

Jio recently said that it has 16 million subscribers as of 30 September with each user consuming 1GB data per day. “This also makes Jio traffic 4.2x larger than Bharti + Idea + Vodafone India combined. Of course, this is all understandable given the free offering. Real demand will get tested only once charges start applying,” the agency said.

China Unicom and Bharti are the fourth and fifth telecom carries globally in terms of data carried on a daily basis.

Reliance Jio on Thursday said it is adding anywhere between 0.6 million and 1.1 million customers a day, and it is targeting 100 million customers within a year of commercial launch.

The telco also maintained it will be investing Rs 1 lakh crore more in operations by 2020.

The telecom arm of RIL commercially launched mobile services on September 12, and within a month, it had claimed to have created history by adding 16 million customers.

The agency however added already with 16 million subscribers Jio's network utilization is quite high at over 75% based on its work and Idea's disclosures based on EMF registry data.

Data published on Trai’s website on Thursday showed 4G speed on Jio’s network slower than speeds offered by Airtel, Idea Cellular and Vodafone.

Trai’s analytics portal listed the 4G speed of Airtel at 11.4 megabits per second (mbps), Reliance Communications’ at 7.9 mbps, Idea’s at 7.6 mbps, and Vodafone’s at 7.3 mbps. Jio, which is a 4G-only network, was recorded at 6.2 mbps.

Credit Suisse said that slow network speeds now quite understandable in the context of the above math. “Jio's network is thus getting 'stress - tested',” it noted.

Credit Suisse said that it has been cautious on the sector due to Jio's large scale entry, and the announcement at the analyst meet of additional Rs 1 trillion investment over the next four years-- another Idea Cellular equivalent--only raises the risk of further cash strain on other telcos, in a seemingly never ending battle of asset building.

“We are cautious on Bharti and Idea,” it added.

Reliance Jio largest network globally with 16 TB data per day: Credit Suisse - ET Telecom

RE: Reliance Jio largest network globally with 16 TB data per day: Credit Suisse

thats why jio speed is slow :skd :em

however i am getting good speed in evening around 15-20 mbps :)

RE: Reliance Jio largest network globally with 16 TB data per day: Credit Suisse

Rushil said:
thats why jio speed is slow :skd :em

however i am getting good speed in evening around 15-20 mbps :)

Unfortunately yes at some places like my home bro. It barely touches 2 Mbps, see this :s

47341d5586fa2fc63b59591b9d96ef66.jpg

Sarkar said:
Unfortunately yes at some places like my home bro. It barely touches 2 Mbps :s

bro same condition was there in my area too 15 days ago at peak time i was used to get 0.5 mbps to 1 mbps but don't know what happens now i am getting good speed, however speed fluctuation is still there sometimes i get 2-3 mbps sometimes 20-25 mbps :shy

1Mbps...

if jio is world's largest data consumer surely people will get low speeds at many places if many of your nearby friends are doing it for you.........

btw i enjoy more than 15-20mbps speeds... even with vpn i get 10mbps+ speeds

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock