Discussion Reliance Jio Fiber Set-top box - News & Updates

• Thread starter hike
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 566
  • Views: Views 162,814
RE: Reliance Jio to launch DTH services by end of the year

Pranab said:
I couldn't find anything such in Jio website. Wondering where did they get this?

Posted using DreamDTH app

Here you go..

Direct link getting redirected.
Goto Jio.com - Click on Quick Pay on top right side - recharge

You will be redirected to this page

Jio DTH and Airtel Hybrid report gain currency.

MUMBAI: Although there is no confirmation, Reliance Jio seems to be gearing up to enter the DTH space in India this month after disrupting the telecom landscape.

Jio it seems may not be alone in the new business as Airtel too is reportedly looking to take on Jio's IPTV based DTH with its hybrid DTH STB service. The impact however will depend on the STB features.

After much speculation over a few weeks, this time some images of Jio set-top-box have surfaced -- exposing the box design. Some reports stated that Jio STB, powered through Jio broadband with up to 1 Gbps speed, would have a rounded design and an upgraded version of the available DTH boxes.

The leaked pictures the Jio STBs show a USB port at rear and front side. This presumably will help consumers to connect a pen drive and may be watch stored movies and videos directly -- without an internet connection.

Jio DTH & Airtel 'hybrid' reports gain currency | Indian Television Dot Com

Again some viral pics
1cada39af23ba89bfddaf66340ae90d2.jpg

1aded1cea6472119c2356c8c0588dc81.jpg
4798119c88160b68df278ccc8712b5d6.jpg

Yesterday, I also talked about it to Jio CC they ask me that soon we are launching Jio STB AMD when I ask when you're launching they said we are only advice to share this info only.

As per the information that is known for now, the following are likely to be the Jio DTH plans and their respective costs.

Normal Pack - Rs. 49 to Rs. 55
All Spots Channels (HD) - Rs. 60 to Rs. 69
Value Prime Channels - Rs. 120 to Rs. 150
Kids Channels - Rs. 180 to Rs. 190
My Family Pack - Rs. 200 to Rs. 250
My Plan - Rs. 50 to Rs. 54
MY Sports - Rs. 159 to Rs. 169
Big Ultra Pack - Rs. 199 to Rs. 220
Metro Pack - Rs. 199 to Rs. 250
Dhoom - Rs. 99 to Rs. 109

It looks Jio is all set to attract the South Indian users with special plans as given below.
South Indian Value Pack - Rs. 120 to Rs. 130
South Maximum - Rs. 134 to Rs. 145
My Sports - Rs. 145 to Rs. 150
Mega Pack - Rs. 199 to Rs. 299
South Ultra - Rs. 199 to Rs. 250

The leaked Jio DTH box shows that it has HDMI support, capability for 4K recording streaming in Ultra HD 2160p, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, Google Chrome Casting, remote control, RF-45 Ethernet cable, and Android TV functionality as well.

Reliance Jio DTH service: Launch date, channels, packs, price and more | Jio DTH service: Launch date, channels, packs, price and more - Gizbot

Watch video of JIO TV DTH and first hand review

Also, it doesn’t come bundled with online content such as Netflix, YouTube, etc.

The YouTuber claims that Jio is testing the service for now and it has only 150 satellite channels which also includes some HD channels.

It also comes with a feature called Catch Up TV.However, he claims that you require a minimum of 64GB pen drive or hard disk to record the shows, which is somewhat annoying.

Moreover, the user in the video says that the quality of HD channels is quite good compared to other operators, but the non-HD channel quality is not that great.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock