Discussion Reliance Jio Fiber Set-top box - News & Updates

• Thread starter hike
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 566
  • Views: Views 162,968
No updates. Wait for a few months.

By the way please do not create new threads asking for jio dth (which is not even dth) launch date. Continue here..

Reliance Jio, in its Reliance AGM 2018 keynote on July 5th 2018, has unveiled a new set-top Box for the Indian TV viewers. The new set-top box by Jio will be called the GigaTV set-top box and will offer a 4K resolution on TV channels.

The new set-top box by Jio will also support voice commands in most of the Indian languages, the company claims, aiming to fulfil the motto "Bhasha anek, Bharat ek." In addition, the set-top box will also enable multi-party video conferencing, i.e. it will enable peer-to-peer video calls over the broadband through the Jio user's TV.

With the Jio GigaTV set-top box, Reliance Jio promises more than 600 movie channels, 1000s of movies as well as millions of songs to be available as and when the customer demands.
Reliance Jio Brings 'GigaTV' 4K Set-Top Box With Voice Control And 600+ TV Channels

will there be any time lag between cable, DTH & IPTV?... my observations is Jio TV app lags nearly a minute behind DTH. DTH itself lags behind cable.. Time lag is significant when we watch live sporting events...

Last edited:
will there be any time lag between cable, DTH & IPTV?... my observations is Jio TV app lags nearly a second behind DTH. DTH itself lags behind cable.. Time lag is significant when we watch live sporting events...
But one second doesn't matter

sorry... i meant one minute
In fact I have seen the delay in DTH (satellite) platforms as well. If you watch the same channels in C Band and DTH, there is few seconds of delay. This was earlier days. I think DTH used to take the signal from the C Band transmissions and re transmit. I expect some delays in IPTV as well due to the source or the signal and latency.

Does iptv lead to buffering of videos? Similar to jiotv or YouTube? Or dedicated speed is provided?

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock