• Start date
  • Replies: Replies 90
  • Views: Views 9,377

Bapun

Staff member
Community Manager
Solutions
Reaction score
Reliance Jio has been hogging the limelight for all the right and the wrong reasons, and it is something that most of us are looking forward to. With the ongoing preview offer raking in as many as 4 Million new connections, Reliance is finally geared up for the commercial launch. There were rumors about Jio launching on 15th August (which we had categorically dismissed), and now, our sources have confirmed that the Jio launch will happen tomorrow, i.e September 1st, 2016. The launch coincides with the Annual General Meeting of the company.

It is for the first time in India that a telecom operator has received such an overwhelming response on any of their offerings. Ironically, it was Reliance who started offering CDMA on contracts almost a decade ago. Post the commercial launch, one would be able to buy the Jio SIM just like any other SIM cards in the market. However, all new buyers will be treated with a Trial period offer which will most likely offer unlimited 4G LTE data, voice and SMS for a period of 90-days. However we are still not sure if it’ll be a commercial launch or a soft launch, as Jio is yet to resolve the interconnection issue with other telecom operators, which is affecting the voice calls.

We also hear that Mukesh Ambani will be making some groundbreaking announcements at the launch tomorrow, details of which are still not known. Also, the company is expected to reveal the Jio prepaid and postpaid tariffs post the commercial launch. Needless to say, Reliance Jio has one of the best coverage as of now and it will surprise you by offering 4G LTE even in the remotest areas, something that the other Telcos including Airtel and Vodafone are yet to achieve. It is possible that we will witness a huge number of ports from other operators once Jio is commercially launched.

As per COAI, Reliance has been taking advantage of the loophole in the license conditions which fail to put a cap on the number of days a free trial can be given. Now with the commercial launch finally happening, the Jio Preview Offer will possibly be renamed to Jio Trial Offer with same set of privileges like unlimited 4G data, unlimited voice calls and unlimited SMS along with the complete suite of Reliance Jio apps being offered for anyone for a period of 90-days along with the free SIM. But then, there has been HUGE demand already under partner preview offer, resulting in delayed activations and server issues. We are not sure how well prepared Jio is to open up the network for everyone to try starting September 1st.

Reliance Jio to Launch on September 1; to Open up Free Trial for Everyone

RE: Reliance Jio 4G to launch on Sept 1, trial will open to all

Bad news for Beta Testers

am I the only 1 who have not tried JIO yet???? :huh :huh :( :(:'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

Optimus_Prime said:
am I the only 1 who have not tried JIO yet???? :huh :huh :( :(:'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

I also bro , kash jio 4g ke sath 3g bhi hota

Optimus_Prime said:
I am also in same boat bro

I have a Jio sim but is not activated. Jio CC says it will take three to four days.

I am waiting jio for port in jio

Optimus_Prime said:
Don't worry bro I am also with you. Bought new Samsung mobile phone and also eligible to get free jio sim but still dint took.

Sarkar said:
Bad news for Beta Testers

Bad news?? Why??

Maybe that is for people who are yet to try jio not to the one who already is using jio

In the morningtime if you submit the documents it will get activated immediately...
I work at Reliance Jio.
I am activation officer in my Reliance Digital xpress mini.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock