• Start date
  • Replies: Replies 9
  • Views: Views 1,267

iDJ

Elite
Contributor
Solutions
Reaction score
Realme is gearing up for a big event on November 20 in New Delhi where it will showcase its latest Realme X2 Pro and Realme 5S. This time around the pre-launch buzz hasn’t exclusively focused on the new phones and their features, but Realme India CEO Madhav Sheth’s one of the recent tweets.

The tweet, now deleted, was not sent from a Realme device (Android) but an Apple iPhone. Even before the tweet was deleted, some eagle-eyed social media users spotted the “Twitter for iPhone” signature and took the screenshot which is now doing the rounds on social media.

Source

Realme India CEO Madhav Sheth caught tweeting from an iPhone

Well it surely does not gel on business image front but on personal level there is nothing wrong, anyone can have a some or the other fav phone based on liking. These trivial things are not worthy to be trolled or spoken about. If someone heads a business or even works there then he should give in best to build or grow company but it does not take away right or restrict freedom to opt for his choice of things. I am sure no company binds someone to just stick with its own products, even if they mandate still 2ndary options remain open

Well it surely does not gel on business image front but on personal level there is nothing wrong, anyone can have a some or the other fav phone based on liking. These trivial things are not worthy to be trolled or spoken about. If someone heads a business or even works there then he should give in best to build or grow company but it does not take away right or restrict freedom to opt for his choice of things. I am sure no company binds someone to just stick with its own products, even if they mandate still 2ndary options remain open
Simple solution. He could've just used an Pixel. As there is so much insecurity about android. It creates a wrong impression about the OS. Meanwhile it's not gonna effect the brand as it targets mid range users who are more than happy with Realme's specs.
how we idendify as he is tweeted by using iphone...
If you use apps like Hootsuite. You can see the OS the tweets are sent from.

Last edited:
Twitter app for iPhone. If it was anything else, that would've displayed
Off topic : I could've defended him if he was just chill as he has freedom to use whichever products he prefers. He shouldn't have deleted the tweet.

I agree that nobody should take away one's personal preference. At the same time, when you are promoting your own product, care should be taken before doing so! Tweeting from an iPhone to advertise a realme product certainly doesn't make much sense! This is not a personal tweet!

Slightly off-topic: Tell me, which celebrity (even a slightly famous one) does not use the notch-wala iPhone nowadays? Any urban Indian with a slightly higher social standing will try to buy that type of iPhone or a similarly-priced Android phone. Higher-income Indian kids as young as 12/13 may be getting the iPhone X-series or 11 series, simply because it is the so-called 'done thing'. Those kids annd millennials with celebrity status have done a number of What's on My Phone, etc. segments on YouTube. (not required)

That said, if you're promoting a smartphone brand that you endorse, but use a different company's phone, the best option is to tweet from a computer.

Last edited:
Slightly off-topic: Tell me, which celebrity (even a slightly famous one) does not use the notch-wala iPhone nowadays? Any urban Indian with a slightly higher social standing will try to buy that type of iPhone or a similarly-priced Android phone. Higher-income Indian kids as young as 12/13 may be getting the iPhone X-series or 11 series, simply because it is the so-called 'done thing'. Those kids annd millennials with celebrity status have done a number of What's on My Phone, etc. segments on YouTube. (not required)
This logic doesn't apply in 2019 bro. Owning android phone is much cooler than iPhone nowadays. People buy stuff that looks good and compliments them. If your logic was the case. Expensive phones like S10 won't exist. Cool factor of iPhone is gone. People I know bought iPhone recently are cheap middle class show offs.

To be frank, unless you taste the food you cooked, you won't know what to improve. It's like owning a 3 star hotel and eating in 5 Star hotel. Though there's nothing wrong, you shouldn't advertise from 5 star hotel. :)

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock