• Start date
  • Replies: Replies 0
  • Views: Views 786

Basil

Staff member
Reaction score
Real Madrid to make £70m bid for Liverpool striker Luis Suarez

PANews+BT_P-4ef6cf1f-ea18-42d0-89d3-e27cd2a47df9_I1.jpg

Real Madrid will make a £70m bid to sign Liverpool striker Luis Suarez this summer.

As reported in the Evening Standard, Real president Florentino Perez, coach Carlo Ancelotti and director general Jose Angel Sanchez met for talks last week and agreed that Suarez should be the club's main transfer target.

The Uruguay international enjoyed a terrific season for the Reds last term, scoring 31 Premier League goals and winning the PFA And Football Writer's Association Player of the Season awards. Despite recently undergoing knee surgery he has been included in Oscar Taberez's final squad for the World Cup, which starts next week.

The 27-year-old desperately wanted to quit Anfield last summer and was the subject of a £40m plus £1 bid from Arsenal, which Liverpool rejected.

Suarez signed a new four-and-a half year deal worth £200,000 a week in December, although it was reported it included a £70m release clause.

Liverpool are determined to keep hold of their prize asset as they compete for the Premier League and Champions League next term.

However, the notorious voice-piece of Real, Spanish newspaper Marca, are confident Suarez can be lured to the Spanish capital to help the club’s bid to retain the Champions League.

In a similar tactic which was used to acquire Cristiano Ronaldo from Manchester United in 2009 and Gareth Bale from Tottenham last summer, Marca significantly revealed news of Real interest on their front page today.

The hope is Suarez will push for the move to the Bernabeu, just as Ronaldo and Bale did.

Last month Suarez insisted that he was happy at Liverpool and when asked about a potential bid from Real, said: “My head now is focused on the World Cup.

“My agent tells me what’s there. It’s more speculation than reality.”

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock