Rapido Updates

• Thread starter Esmail
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 13
  • Views: Views 1,663
Rapido has a policy of not charging any commission per ride so that whatever you pay for the ride goes fully in the driver partners pocket thus increasing their profits and customers not being forced to take offline rides.
Rapido instead charges the driver partners a platform subscription fee (to support the technology backend involved in the ride aggregation and tracking) of Rs 500 after they have earned Rs 10000 through rides on the platform. This works out to just 5% which is hardly anything compared to the commission charged by Ola Uber.
I see. I was not aware of this. Here Rapido riders ask 20-30% extra on top of the displayed price and then cancel the ride and tell us to pay directly. They say that Rapido takes most of the money.

I see. I was not aware of this. Here Rapido riders ask 20-30% extra on top of the displayed price and then cancel the ride and tell us to pay directly. They say that Rapido takes most of the money.
Yes in bike taxi Rapido had a dominant position in market share so they were able to charge commission. For 4 wheeler cabs they are a new entrant so they have to have a more driver friendly policy.
I never paid more than what was displayed on the Rapido app even when bike taxis were available in Mumbai. Even if they asked for the same charge for offline I would deny and tell them to either take me by the official app or I would complain to Rapido and get their id suspended permanently. You have to be strict with them or they take you for granted.

When Rapido or bike taxis started here. People use to negotiate on phone and pay ₹10 - ₹15. My friend's brother use to be a rider. Nowadays it's ulta. Looks like EMI's are all paid off. 🙂

Today I earned 100 coins for two bike ride
MNpZxLo.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock