Discussion Post Your Broadband Journey

Subha_007

Contributor
Reaction score
This thread is for discussing the broadband journey of the forum members. From Dial-up to Fiber.
Requesting mods to make it sticky.

I started my Broadband Journey in 2008 with BSNL. As my father is a retired PSU employee and was in service at that time, we used to get some 20% discount at that point of time. It was a DSL based line with 2 Mbps speed with cap of 2GB data and unlimited from 2AM to 8AM@2Mbps. Oh boy I miss those night adventures.
Later with degradation of BSNL broadband services, I left the service in 2013 as my connection was down for 16 days before they fixed it.

I moved to Wishnet in 2013 and used their services till 2015 till I moved to Bengaluru for my job. The plan was unlimited@512Kbps. And insane 12 Mbps download speed for torrents. Good old days 🥲. The main issue with this connection was that the downtime was high and it wasn't reliable. It used to drop in between my video calls that I used to have with my parents through Skype.

In 2015, Hathway became available in our locality and they opened a shop near my house with big advertisement of being the first G-Pon based service provider in our locality. I was among the first 10 customers in our locality to get it and this got a free installation 😉. The initial plas was 20GB@10Mbps FUP and after that unlimited@512Kbps. I used the connection for 6 years and the last plan I had was unlimited@150mbps. Their connection reliability was commendable at start but after pandemic, their services became really bad and faced frequent intermittent disconnection in between my work meetings or during valorant sessions 😅. So in November 2021 I decided to part ways with it.

In November 2021, I got Airtel Xstream Fiber connection with unlimited@200Mbps plan. Yet to experience a single downtime. Recently upgraded to mesh.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock