Paytm and Snapdeal merger driven by Alibaba could be on the cards

Bapun Raz said:
Paytm was going to see such day, because they had stopped giving good offers and espicially what gave them customer base i.e cash back.

"Wallets as a valid economic proposition is doubtful. There is no money in the payments business. The current loss reported by market leader Paytm is Rs 1,651 crore. You cannot have a business that says pay a Rs 500 bill and take Rs 250 cash-back," HDFC chief Aditya Puri said.

Wallet companies cannot "copy" the "Alibaba model" as well, as the domestic regulators are "better", he said.

Doubting Paytm? Prepaid wallet players have no future: HDFC chief Aditya Puri | Latest News & Updates at Daily News & Analysis

Bapun Raz said:
Paytm was going to see such day, because they had stopped giving good offers and espicially what gave them customer base i.e cash back.
Baat mein dum hai. Giving cash back is more important when you are earning enough from Online transaction. But, Airtel have different strategy no cash back on any app. Only one offer on its own app.

True but non of the wallet are making profits. So his views are correct somehow.

After PayPal deal falls through, Snapdeal looks to sell Freecharge to Paytm, PayU for $500 mn

Jasper Infotech, the parent company of e-commerce platform Snapdeal, is is in talks with two wallet firms — Paytm and PayU — as it looks to sell its payments wallet business Freecharge, said an employee of the company on condition of anonymity, he size of the deal is estimated to be $500 million.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock