OTF Exclusive Pan India 2023 Spectrum holding chart

• Thread starter Basil
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 191
  • Views: Views 45,037
I just like to know how Airtel is going to implement its sub GHz spectrum it won in their 1800MHz circles, RoTN, Kerala, Maharashtra, MP+CG, Gujarat (although just 3MHz currently) and UP(W). Even with 1800MHz, Airtel mostly had no coverage issues.
Airtel now deployed 900 mhz on select towers in kerala for 4g only. In kerala airtel has severe indoor coverage issues because of 1800 mhz spectrum

Airtel has also started deploying 900MHz (for 4G VoLTE only) in TN circle, where earlier both Airtel and VoId have very poor coverage. Kindly see the attached screenshot below... Even now, coverage is NOT that great & signal is weak, but there is no blank spot now. VoId is having 2G on the 900MHz spectrum there (like earlier).
BdkO65W.jpg

Chart and tables updated with info on new 5G bands which will be put up for sale in next auction. 600 MHz, 3.5 GHz, 26 GHz and 28 GHz bands frequency ranges and quantum available with Dot updated. 3.5 GHz availability has increased from 175 to 370 MHz per circle.

Last edited:
Chart updated with additional 10 to 15 MHz spectrum surrendered by the defence ministry in 1800 MHz band in 5 circles (Kerala, Odisha, Haryana, Mumbai and Kolkata), as well as additional 1.6 MHz surrendered by Indian Railways in 900 MHz band in 7 circles (Andhra Pradesh, Himachal Pradesh, Karnataka, Kerala, North East, Odisha and Tamil Nadu) and a varying amount of spectrum surrendered by the defence ministry in the same 900 Mhz band in 6 circles (Gujarat, Haryana, Jammu&Kashmir, Punjab, Rajasthan and Uttar Pradesh west).

Regarding fresh availability of spectrum in the 850 MHz band, the final decision will be taken by DoT after consultation with TRAI so either 27.5 MHz or 55 MHz of fresh spectrum may be made available in the next auction, I will update the chart once the final decision is made.
Spectrum cap details will be updated once the NIA for the auction is released.

Last edited:
Chart updated with additional 10 MHz spectrum surrendered by the defence ministry in 1800 MHz band in 5 circles (Kerala, Odisha, Haryana, Mumbai and Kolkata), as well as additional 1.6 MHz surrendered by Indian Railways in 900 MHz band in 7 circles (Andhra Pradesh, Himachal Pradesh, Karnataka, Kerala, North East, Odisha and Tamil Nadu) and a varying amount of spectrum surrendered by the defence ministry in the same 900 Mhz band in 6 circles (Gujarat, Haryana, Jammu&Kashmir, Punjab, Rajasthan and Uttar Pradesh west).

Regarding fresh availability of spectrum in the 850 MHz band, the final decision will be taken by DoT after consultation with TRAI so either 27.5 MHz or 55 MHz of fresh spectrum may be made available in the next auction, I will update the chart once the final decision is made.
Spectrum cap details will be updated once the NIA for the auction is released.
thanks for update

also share source from public domain for reference

Once Airtel bought just 4.2MHz & 4.6MHz of Band 8 (900MHz) spectrum for Gujarat & Kerala respectively, from last year auction, I thought WHY?? But now 3MHz & 1.6MHz is available in Gujarat and Kerala respectively now. Man, these big Corporates know, what they are doing.

Last time, Jio sacrificed (??) their 5MHz of Band 5 (850MHz) to Airtel in UP(W) circle (may be that was the deal, who knows). Since more than 5MHz of Band 8 is available in UP(W) now, whether Airtel will pay back that 5MHz to Jio (after buying 900MHz there) like in Mumbai / Delhi / AP circles in last time. May be the FINAL fresh availability of 850MHz spectrum will clear things more.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock