• Replies Replies: Replies 151
  • Views Views: Views 31,458
Status
Not open for further replies.

M@zh@R

Reaction score
HoDcT.jpg

Pakistan Team Squad for Tests

Misbah-ul-Haq (C), Abdur Rehman, Adnan Akmal, Aizaz Cheema, Asad Shafiq, Azhar Ali, Imran Farhat, Junaid Khan ,Mohammad Hafeez ,Saeed Ajmal, Shoaib Malik, Taufeeq Umar, Umar Gul, Wahab Riaz, Younis Khan

Sri Lanka Team Squad for Tests

Tillakaratne Dilshan (C),Angelo Mathews, Dinesh Chandimal, Shaminda Eranga, Nuwan Pradeep, Rangana Herath, Mahela Jayawardene, Prasanna Jayawardene, Suraj Randiv, Suranga Lakmal, Tharanga Paranavitana, Dhammika Prasad, Kumar Sangakkara,Kaushal Silva,Lahiru Thirimanne,Chanaka Welegedara,

Pak need a right culture, says aspiring coach says Dean Jones

bcpiU.jpg

Former Australian batsman Dean Jones has confirmed applying for the post of Pakistan cricket coach. Jones hasn't got an official information from the Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) but he is reported to among the five men shortlisted for the job along with former England all-rounder Dermot Reeve and local applicant Aaqib Javed.

"I believe I am in the last five," Jones was quoted as saying in The Age. "I have always wanted to coach and the opportunity came along so I put my hand up." Pakistan cricket off late has been rocked by terrorism and the spot-fixing scandal. But Jones feels there is a lot of talent in Pakistan and that together they can achieve a lot of things.

"Ultimately it comes down to the defensive part of their game that needs to be worked on, and that just comes down to proper drills and attention to detail," Jones said. "Take out what has happened with the betting scandal, take out the security problems, everyone in the world who knows cricket knows they have always had a wonderful pool of talent.

It's just a matter of getting the culture right, getting them to take ownership of their actions, working together and who knows, they could win a World Cup in three years time."
Newspaper: The Mid Day, 7th Oct

No DRS for Pakistan's Tests in the UAE

t0vf3.jpg

There will be no DRS for Pakistan's Test series against Sri Lanka and England in the UAE, though the system will be in place for the one-day matches. The PCB has not been able to reach an agreement with its broadcaster, Ten Sports, to fund the technology required for the DRS for the Test matches, its chief operating officer Subhan Ahmad said.

"We in principle support the use of the DRS and want it for both Tests and ODIs but unfortunately we couldn't reach an understanding with our broadcasters for the Tests," Ahmad told PTI. "We have however reached an understanding with a company to bear the costs for the use of the DRS technology in the one-day matches in both series."

In its annual conference in June, the ICC had agreed to make the DRS mandatory for all Tests and ODIs, subject to commercial considerations. The DRS it mandated included Hot Spot but not necessarily ball-tracking technology.
Source:Cricinfo

Samaraweera dropped for Pakistan Tests

SsrwU.jpg

Dinesh Chandimal has been recalled to Sri Lanka's Test squad for the series against Pakistan in the UAE and is one of four wicketkeeper-batsmen in the 16-man party. Middle-order batsman Thilan Samaraweera, 34, and spinner Ajantha Mendis are the major omissions from the squad that lost 1-0 to Australia at home, while legspinner Seekkuge Prasanna was also left out.

"Thilan will not come into the reckoning in our long term plans," Duleep Mendis, the chairman of selectors, said. "We intend giving youngsters an opportunity while the seniors are around. He might be considered on a short-term basis."
Source:Cricinfo

Pak Selectors look to experience for Sri Lanka

FCZsU.jpg

Pakistan may shift their focus back to experience to take on Sri Lanka in the home series in the United Arab Emirates, chief selector Mohsin Khan has said. Khan hinted the bowling attack was likely to be strengthened after testing new players against Zimbabwe.

"We can't just go out [to play Sri Lanka] with the similar combination as it [ the Zimbabwe tour] was just a test for our back-up lot for future prospects," Khan told ESPNcricinfo. "It was a successful experiment but at the same time we are wary of the opposition as Sri Lanka are a tough side to play.

"[Finding talent] is an ongoing process and the emphasis is currently on finding players with good fielding ability."

The Pakistan squad for the recent series against Zimbabwe was an experimental one, with the bowling attack in particular featuring several new names and missing some senior players.
http://www.espncricinfo.com/pakistan-v-sri-lanka-2011/content/story/534390.html

PCB Makes Mohsin Khan appointed interim coach

dZQaj.jpg

Mohsin Khan, Pakistan's chief selector, will serve as the team's interim coach for the series against Sri Lanka beginning later this month. Mohsin steps in to fill the vacancy created by Waqar Younis' departure after the tour of Zimbabwe as the PCB is in the process of appointing a full-time coach. Ijaz Ahmed will be the team's assistant coach.

The PCB committee tasked with finding the new head coach had shortlisted five names for the position out of a list of thirty-seven applicants. Twelve foreign and 25 local coaches had applied for the job. Those in contention for the top job reportedly include Dean Jones, Dermot Reeve and Aaqib Javed. The committee hadn't finalised on a candidate, though, in time to take over before the Test, ODI and Twenty20 matches against Sri Lanka in the UAE.
http://www.espncricinfo.com/pakistan-v-sri-lanka-2011/content/story/534748.html

Pakistan to use DRS in SL, England series

31uNP.jpg

Karachi: Pakistan on Tuesday announced that they will employ the Decision Review System (DRS) during their one-day series against Sri Lanka later this month and against England early next year.

A Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) release said it has acquired sponsorship to use the DRS in both the series to be played at the neutral venues of the United Arab Emirates

The series against Sri Lanka consists of three Tests, five ODIs and one T20 match. The three-Test series will start from October 18.

"PCB announces that the DRS system (Hawk-eye Kit-core) is to be applied during both the Pakistan vs Sri Lanka (October-November) and Pakistan vs England (January-February 2012) one-day International series to be held in the UAE," PCB release said.

The International Cricket Council (ICC) on Tuesday ended the mandatory use of DRS and reverted to its pre-June 2010 position.

The use of DRS will now be up to the competing countries, subject to bilateral agreements between the participating boards.

PCB chief operating officer Subhan Ahmad said the DRS will be helpful.

"PCB is pleased to be taking a leading role in the use of ICC recommended technologies for international cricket."

qLwAP.jpg

Karachi: Seasoned pace bowlers Umar Gul and Wahab Riaz were recalled to the Pakistan squad for the Test series against Sri Lanka, but the national selectors dropped young batsman Umar Akmal for the three matches.

"We have picked the Test squad keeping in mind the climate and strength of the opposition," chief selector Mohsin Khan told a press conference on Sunday.

"The squad has been picked basically on basis of the players' performance in international and domestic cricket," he added.

Except for the omission of Umar Akmal, the younger brother of discarded wicket-keeper Kamran Akmal, there were no real surprises in the squad announced after a meeting of the selection committee at the National Stadium in Karachi.

The selectors had rested the three senior bowlers, Gul, Riaz and left-arm spinner Abdul Rehman, for the recent tour to Zimbabwe, but Mohsin said keeping in mind that Sri Lanka were stronger opposition, the trio had been included in the side to strengthen the bowling attack.

The selectors apparently omitted the talented Umar Akmal to retain former captain Shoaib Malik in the Test squad.

I will instill self-belief in Pak team: Mohsin

cmnvV.jpg

Karachi: The Pakistani cricket team's interim coach, Mohsin Khan, is confident that he will help instill self-belief in the "home" series against Sri Lanka, starting in the United Arab Emirates on October 18.

"The Sri Lankans are strong opponents but I believe that if our boys play to their potential they can achieve positive results in UAE," said 56-year-old former Pakistan opening batsman, who played 46 Tests and 75 One-dayers between 1977-1986.

"As a coach I believe it's my duty to raise the team's morale and unity as well as self-belief," Mohsin was quoted as saying in the Pakistani media.

"It is a challenging assignment, but I'm ready for it. As a Test opener I played some tough cricket and I hope to do my job well as coach."

Admitting that Pakistan's batting has not been up to the mark on recent tours, Mohsin said he was was confident of bringing the best out of his batters.

"Our batting side has some able players and I hope to bring the best out of them."

Col. (retd) Naushad Ali is the associate manager, but will act as manager in the absence of Naveed Akram Cheema, who is performing the Haj.

"Cheema, who will be performing Haj this year, will assume the charge on November 11 and will continue as manager till the end of the tour to Bangladesh," a PCB statement said.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom