• Replies: Replies 4
  • Views: Views 2,639

iDJ

Elite
Contributor
Solutions
Reaction score
Source

Pitched as the UPI of e-commerce, Open Network for Digital Commerce is a freely accessible government-backed platform that aims to democratise e-commerce by moving it from a platform-centric model to an open network.

I still don't think ONDC will be as revolutionary as the government is claiming it to be. It won't get the same mass adoption as UPI did for payments. A major part of e-commerce is comprised of trust in after sales service, while returns of ordered goods and refund may be seamless with giants like Amazon and Flipkart, the same may not be provided by the smaller retailers who will find it unviable to bear the cost of return shipping and the buyers will be reluctant to bear the same. This is considering the fact that the e-commerce giants are only allowed a marketplace model and not warehousing model where they would buy goods in bulk and sell at lower margins which can never be matched by retailers.
So even though I support this step to create an equal playing field for all sellers, l don't see it having the desired impact.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock