Discussion Only 3% House Holds in India pay for streaming video services: report

• Thread starter Sai Jai
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 11
  • Views: Views 1,135

Sai Jai

Reaction score
Svod_table_01.03.18.jpg

India is at the bottom of the top 25 countries analysed in the research at the end of 2017. US and Canada lead the chart with 59% and 51% of the households subscribing to streaming video services.

The report further noted that the number of households worldwide which pay for streaming video services such as Netflix and Amazon Video has now broken through the 250 million mark.

Only 3% HHs in India pay for streaming video services: report

I am paying ₹499 for amazon prime videos upto march 14,2019..and paying ₹150 for hoichoi...

I will never pay directly to any site. I will pay to telco instead. I don't like situation of DTH a la carte situation in internet where we need to pay each and every site separately. These sites should tie up with ISP and offer subscriber a combined monthly plan for those sites.

I will never pay directly to any site. I will pay to telco instead. I don't like situation of DTH a la carte situation in internet where we need to pay each and every site separately. These sites should tie up with ISP and offer subscriber a combined monthly plan for those sites.

Again thanks to Mr.Mukesh :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::love::love:(y)(y)

I will be happy if India remains last in the list for forever

3% of India uses pay ott.Numbers seems hiked to me.

if you watch JioTV/Jio cinema/airtel TV/Voda Play then you are getting Hotstar/SonyLIV/Hooq/Eros/ALtBalaji/Netflix/Amazon prime so these are subscribed as telcos are paying for you from your monthly payment. I am sure this is how they calculated the figure

Reason
Mostly indians prefer traditional tv
Since majority indian content is easily available free online , and many people who speak english very well also are not that much fan of tv series

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock