Now, Amma Marriage Halls in Tamil Nadu

rahul1117kumar

Contributor
Reaction score
Tamil Nadu Chief Minister Jayalalithaa on Saturday has announced the construction of “Amma Marriage Halls” in 11 places across the state. According to AIADMK’s official Twitter handle, the cost to build these marriage halls stands at Rs 83 crores.

The Amma Marriage Halls are an addition to the list of schemes launched by the AIADMK supremo. According to a Times of India report, CM Jayalalithaa started this initiative since it was difficult for people from the economically-weaker sections to book high-rent marriage halls.

“I have ordered Amma marriage halls for the benefit of poor. The halls will have facilities including air-conditioned rooms for bride and groom, guest rooms, dining hall and kitchen,” said the 68-year-old leader.

The marriage halls will be available for online booking and will be built in the following places:

#Chennai- Tondiarpet, Velachery, Ayapakkam, Periyar Nagar, Korattur

#Madurai- Anna Nagar

#Tirunelveli- Ambasamudram

#Tiruvallu- Kodungaiyur

#Tirupur- Udumalaipet

#Salem

Along with the marriage halls, Jayalalitha has also announced the construction of 50,000 houses. The cost to build these houses stands at Rs 1800 crore and they will be built through Tamil Nadu slum clearance board. The state government is also set to offer a subsidy of Rs 945 crore to the beneficiaries to construct 45,000 houses.

http://indianexpress.com/article/in...ithaa-amma-marriage-halls-tamil-nadu-3035889/

I am Sure At The End Of The TN Current Govt Rule,Tamil Nadu Will Become Amma Nadu(Amma Country):wall

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock