Nokia D1C smartphone to be priced around Rs 10,000: Report

rahul1117kumar

Contributor
Reaction score
Nearly everyone is waiting with bated breath for
Nokia ‘s return into the smartphone space, and the leaks are showing no signs of stopping. If all the leaks are to be believed, we will see three new Nokia smartphones running on Android, and the most affordable of them is expected to be priced around the Rs 10,000 mark.

According to NPU , the Nokia D1C will be the most affordable of the three smartphones, and it will be available in two variants. The first variant will feature a 5-inch 1080p display, 2GB of RAM, and a 13-megapixel rear camera. This variant will be priced at $150, which is approximately Rs 10,000. The second variant will feature a 5.5-inch 1080p display, 3GB of RAM, and a 16-megapixel rear camera. This variant will be priced at $200, which is approximately Rs 15,000.

Nokia D1C specifications

The rest of the specifications will remain the same for both the variants. These will include a Qualcomm Snapdragon 430 processor clocked at 1.4GHz and paired with Adreno 505 GPU. They will also feature 16GB internal storage, 8-megapixel selfie camera, and they will run on Android Nougat 7.0 out-of-the-box.

Nokia-branded smartphones will be launched by HMD, which owns the exclusive rights. Though there’s been no official announcement from the company yet, it is widely believed that the first Nokia Android smartphones will be unveiled at MWC 2017 in Barcelona. The leaked prices are in line with what HMD CEO Arto Nummela was recently quoted as saying. Nummela has made it clear that India is a very important market for the upcoming Nokia smartphones, and the company is promising “premium execution in each and every price point.”

Talking of different price points, reports have suggested that we will also get to see high-end Nokia smartphones. These smartphones are expected to feature QHD resolution display, Snapdragon 820 quad-core processor, 22.6-megapixel primary camera with 4K video recording capabilities, and connectivity options like 4G LTE, Bluetooth and Wi-Fi 802.11ac. On the software front, the smartphones are expected to run on Android Nougat out-of-the-box, and prices are expected to start from around Rs 30,000.

Nokia D1C smartphone to be priced around Rs 10,000: Report

shantanu said:
10000 excluding taxes
Price will reach 12000 With taxes :k

I think it will be more as they have to import it to India unlike local manufacturer

Sarkar said:
I think it will be more as they have to import it to India unlike local manufacturer

Ya
Definitely 12000 or more

But at the same specs
Samsung also has j5 at 12000rs & various other budget phones

So i think they will price it around 12000
To catch the market

shantanu said:
To catch the market
Agree with you. Because, it been already behind in market. If all things come well I will going to spend upto 25000/- for new phone.

shantanu said:
Ya
Definitely 12000 or more

But at the same specs
Samsung also has j5 at 12000rs & various other budget phones

To catch the market

Samsung has reached across length and breadth of India through their service centers just like Nokia had in 2007-08. So Samsung can afford to price their phones higher bcoz of after sales services but nokia definitely cannot do it now.

Sarkar said:
Samsung has reached across length and breadth of India through their service centers just like Nokia had in 2007-08. So Samsung can afford to price their phones higher bcoz of after sales services but nokia definitely cannot do it now.

If they will go for high end devices,
They will not be able to get good sells at least in India,
If they wants to get early popularity,
They have to focus on mid budget market,

Let us wait for official launch :tup

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock