No JioFiber pre-paid plan from now on?

• Thread starter depp
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 6
  • Views: Views 1,535

depp

Reaction score
Recently our area showing jio fibre availability after all these years, but when i applied for new connection & i got the call from area executive and he said they are not offering pre-paid connections anymore and even with postpaid they are only offering 6months plan (i can't afford to pay 4k+ right away), i thought I'll choose prepaid monthly and can opt for setbox later, after some time he finally said that even if i want prepaid I have to pay 2500 + month plan amount (without set-up box), I can't understand what's going on? Can anyone explain better with current plans? I currently have Airtel broadband which I had paid 1500 in the the start & it included monthly plan (40mbps), why do I have to pay so much for jio? Why i can't simply opt for prepaid monthly plan?

Problem with Jio is they push everything to ground agents whereas on Airtel you can buy pack of your choice from the website. This is why Airtel and local broadband companies are adding more connections in our area.

Last edited:
Problem with Jio is they push everything to ground agents whereas on Airtel you can buy pack of your choice. This is why Airtel and local broadband companies are adding more connections in our area.
Exactly!! I never had problem with Airtel and installation process was so smooth and never had a downtime (there'll be some maintenance in the midnight once in 3 or 4months), only thing I'm missing here is STB and OTT I'll get with jio , that's why i want to opt for jio but it looks like it's not customer centric & want to implement their own plans but not what the customers wants, that's really sad especially they have only started fiber after so many years & instead of attracting customers they are pushing it in their own terms.. i still want to know if the prepaid services are still available in other regions & what's the amount i have to pay if I just want to start with first month plan

"This situation arises because of the higher commissions offered for new postpaid connections, which prompts salespeople to prioritize selling postpaid connections.

For a new postpaid connection, you need to commit to a six-month plan with no installation charges and no security deposit. In contrast, for prepaid connections, there's a 1000 rupee installation fee and a 500 rupee security deposit.

In both cases, you receive the first month of the 300mbps plan for free, and sometimes, salespeople may offer additional free months through referral programs.

If you start with a prepaid connection, you can later switch to postpaid and receive a free set-top box by paying the monthly fee. It's important to note that if you migrate, the 1000 rupee installation charge won't be refunded, but the 500 rupee security deposit will be carried over."

Last edited:
Problem with Jio is they push everything to ground agents whereas on Airtel you can buy pack of your choice from the website. This is why Airtel and local broadband companies are adding more connections in our area.
Exactly!! I never had problem with Airtel and installation process was so smooth and never had a downtime (there'll be some maintenance in the midnight once in 3 or 4months), only thing I'm missing here is STB and OTT I'll get with jio , that's why i want to opt for jio but it looks like it's not customer centric & want to implement their own plans but not what the customers wants, that's really sad especially they have only started fiber after so many years & instead of attracting customers they are pushing it in their own terms.. i still want to know if the prepaid services are still available in other regions & what's the amount i have to pay if I just want to start with first month plan
Airtel is so rude for its customers (as im facing in basic Rs.499 post paid plan), for OTT & TV channels they push black plans and DTH combo.

Airtel is so rude for its customers (as im facing in basic Rs.499 post paid plan), for OTT & TV channels they push black plans and DTH combo.
That doesn't mean Jio is good. They are literally pushing offline engineers at you. You got to pay and buy whichever plan they wishes. While they advertise cheap options on website. There needs to be a proper booking mechanism. I had to pay ₹699 + GST for three months. Despite wanting ₹399 postpaid plan as they said they won't offer free installation on same.

That doesn't mean Jio is good. They are literally pushing offline engineers at you. You got to pay and buy whichever plan they wishes. While they advertise cheap options on website. There needs to be a proper booking mechanism. I had to pay ₹699 + GST for three months. Despite wanting ₹399 postpaid plan as they said they won't offer free installation on same.
They said the same to me, i simply want broadband prepaid connection for the start & i can decide what i want for me later regarding upgrade

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock