Nilekani to review UID process to plug gaps

iS THAT ME

Reaction score
Nilekani to review UID process to plug gaps

logo.png

The Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI ) will review the procedure and processes of collecting biometric data of 60 crore resident Indians in response to security concerns raised by the home ministry. Home minister P Chidambaram on Tuesday said UIDAI chairman Nandan Nilekani conveyed that he would spend the next two months doing a complete review, and it would resume biometric capture only in April.

"We have conveyed what the agencies have told us. For the example, the introducerbased model... when somebody introduces somebody, that gives scope for false identity being created, and then there are revelations in the media that people, for a small amount of money, were giving introduction letters.

"That is being brought to Mr Nilekani's notice and then the competition between more than one agency to capture biometrics . We should not overlook the procedure for the quality of capture of biometrics. The standard must be observed . But I am assured by Mr Nilekani that in the next two months, they will do a through review of all the procedure and processes and ready to resume biometric capture in April. Let's wait and see," he said.

He said on January 27, the Cabinet Committee on UIDAI decided that the National Population Register and UIDAI enrollments can proceed together with suitable provisions to eliminate overlap

Source

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock