Discussion New Zealand tour of India | News & Updates

The national selection committee of the Indian team is expected to meet in the next couple of days to pick the squad for the upcoming home series against New Zealand. The meeting is immensely significant considering that the Chetan Sharma-led panel will have to pick the new Twenty20 skipper as Virat Kohli, the current all-format leader, has already announced that he would not lead the team in the shortest format after the ongoing T20 WC.

The current vice-captain Rohit Sharma is the leading contender but there is a possibility that the seniors are rested for the three Twenty20 International matches as the players have been on the road since April - the IPL, followed by the WTC final, Test series in England, then again the IPL and now the T20 WC.

While Kohli hasrelinquished only the captaincy of the T20I format, there could've discussion if split captaincy for the white-ball formats is needed. A couple of selectors - chairman Chetan Sharma and member Abey Kuruvilla - are in Dubai. The rest are in India.

The players to be picked for the tour are likely to be asked to report by November 10, to undergo a five-day quarantine before a couple of days of practice.

PX1QdvY.png

Last edited:
India’s squad for T20Is against New Zealand & India ‘A’ squad for South Africa tour announced

The All-India Senior Selection Committee has picked a 16-member squad for the upcoming T20I series against New Zealand. India are set to play 3 T20Is starting from 17th November, 2021.

India’s T20I squad: Rohit Sharma (Captain), KL Rahul (Vice-Captain), Ruturaj Gaikwad, Shreyas Iyer, Suryakumar Yadav, Rishabh Pant (wicket-keeper), Ishan Kishan (wicket-keeper), Venkatesh Iyer, Yuzvendra Chahal, R Ashwin, Axar Patel, Avesh Khan, Bhuvneshwar Kumar, Deepak Chahar, Harshal Patel, Mohd. Siraj

Source

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock