• Start date
  • Replies: Replies 10
  • Views: Views 3,783

Esmail

Senior Editor, OnlyTech
News Columnist
Solutions
Reaction score
Jio has launched 2 new plans bundled with Disney+ Hotstar premium subscription, plans are priced at 1499 and 4199. Details are as shown below.
lWD8gSO.jpg

GAkxhar.jpg

TO ACTIVATE DISNEY+ HOTSTAR PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION, AFTER RECHARGING WITH THE ₹1499 OR ₹4199 PLAN
1.Once you recharge with ₹1499 or ₹4199 plan, you will receive a unique Disney+ Hotstar Premium coupon code in your MyJio account.
2.You can use this coupon code to avail 1 year Disney+ Hotstar Premium membership.
3.To activate 1 year Disney+ Hotstar Premium subscription:
A.Visit: Hotstar Subscription Offer
B.Sign in with your Jio number and enter the OTP
C.Enter the unique coupon code provided
D.Provide confirmation and your subscription is activated

Last edited:
Kind of unrealistic plans. Hotstar Premium offers 4 screens. Someone opting for 4 screens would've already have access to wired Internet. They should've offered it for ₹2499 for both Hotstar Premium and some low data annual unlimited calling plan.
Think about someone recharging with 719 plan. They are getting hotstar premium with 52% discount. This is anyday win deal. Also not everyone opting for hostar premium will have wired net.

This could be split between group of 2 to 4 as well. Overall good deal I would say.

Think about someone recharging with 719 plan. They are getting hotstar premium with 52% discount. This is anyday win deal. Also not everyone opting for hostar premium will have wired net.

This could be split between group of 2 to 4 as well. Overall good deal I would say.
You still have to pay the annual membership price of hotstar premium which is 1499. With that you are getting a Jio 719 plan for free.

Sharing a Hotstar 4 screen subscription is way more inconvenient than sharing a Netflix 4 screen plan. For starters you don't have viewer profiles so if all the sharing individuals are watching the same show or movie, the continue watching feature will be a pain in the a**. Also all the sharing individuals will have to pick a fixed set of devices that they can stay logged in to, since Hotstar limits the number of simultaneous logins not just simultaneous streams, so if they want to login to another device you might be logged out of your primary device and then have to login again every time using OTP, and they would need to call you everytime for an OTP as well. Purposely designed by Hotstar to ensure you don't share your subscription.

Sharing a Hotstar 4 screen subscription is way more inconvenient than sharing a Netflix 4 screen plan. For starters you don't have viewer profiles so if all the sharing individuals are watching the same show or movie, the continue watching feature will be a pain in the a**. Also all the sharing individuals will have to pick a fixed set of devices that they can stay logged in to, since Hotstar limits the number of simultaneous logins not just simultaneous streams, so if they want to login to another device you might be logged out of your primary device and then have to login again every time using OTP, and they would need to call you everytime for an OTP as well. Purposely designed by Hotstar to ensure you don't share your subscription.
Yeah I know bro but 4 device sharing would be better than 1 device mobile plan sharing.

You still have to pay the annual membership price of hotstar premium which is 1499. With that you are getting a Jio 719 plan for free.

I didn't calculate in that way. If you gonna to recharge with 719 anyway you're getting hotstar premium at 780 rs effectively.

Is it legal or not to share subscription with non family members?

Is it legal or not to share subscription with non family members?
Seriously you feel there is scope for a legal angle here? There are so many split subscription apps in the Market right now, promoting sharing of subscriptions between complete strangers.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock