Discussion New Content On Sun NXT

• Thread starter Siva
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 421
  • Views: Views 101,364
Any reason why it has a different name in Netflix? (Ala Vaikunthapurram)

does both the word have same meaning?
Netflix is promoting it as In Ala Vaikunthapurram which means the same as Ala Vaikunthapurramlo. They removed lo at last and added In infornt, don't understand why?

Any reason why it has a different name in Netflix? (Ala Vaikunthapurram)

does both the word have same meaning?
"Ala Viakunthapuram lo" means "In that City of Vaikunatha".
Ala - That
Vaikunthapuram -City of Vaikuntha
Lo - in

Here the word "lo" in Telugu comes as "in" before the sentence in English as in most of the Indian languages gramatically Subject and Object take reversing places.

Ex: In Hindi "Ghar Mein" is translated into English as "In the House"

These words are actually starting lines of a classic Telugu poem from Srimad Mahabhagavatham written by Telugu classical writer "Pothana" who lived between 1450AD to 1510AD.

Netflix is promoting it as In Ala Vaikunthapurram which means the same as Ala Vaikunthapurramlo. They removed lo at last and added In infornt, don't understand why?

Netflix says Ala Vaikunthpurram IN means this movie entered in Netflix

Netflix says Ala Vaikunthpurram IN means this movie entered in Netflix
"Ala Viakunthapuram lo" means "In that City of Vaikunatha".
Ala - That
Vaikunthapuram -City of Vaikuntha
Lo - in

Here the word "lo" in Telugu comes as "in" before the sentence in English as in most of the Indian languages gramatically Subject and Object take reversing places.

Ex: In Hindi "Ghar Mein" is translated into English as "In the House"

These words are actually starting lines of a classic Telugu poem from Srimad Mahabhagavatham written by Telugu classical writer "Pothana" who lived between 1450AD to 1510AD.

Bro kindly check on something before replying the same. They are promoting it as "In Ala Vaikunthapurram ". He explained it so well and you are posting the same again I don't understand why?

Bro kindly check on something before replying the same. They are promoting it as "In Ala Vaikunthapurram ". He explained it so well and you are posting the same again I don't understand why?
If they promoted it as "In that Vaikunthapuram" it would have without confusion. Without giving the translation of "Ala " some non Telugu people might have confused. So I gave a detailed explanation with classical background of the words. If you try to understand it, you will understand it.
And they now restored it to
"Ala Vaikunthapurramloo"

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock