Discussion New Content on Disney+ Hotstar

• Thread starter hike
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 1,879
  • Views: Views 331,886
After HBO rights expired they will add Disney Channel Original
HBO and FX Originals target Mature Audiences where as Disney Channel libraries are mainly targeted towards Teens and millennials.. There is very little overlap there and it's not the reason they are holding back.. Once HBO library moves from Hotstar, you can expect more 20th and FX content that's it not Disney Channel library.

HBO and FX Originals target Mature Audiences where as Disney Channel libraries are mainly targeted towards Teens and millennials.. There is very little overlap there and it's not the reason they are holding back.. Once HBO library moves from Hotstar, you can expect more 20th and FX content that's it not Disney Channel library.
Why can't they have 2 OTTs? One for family friendly content from Disney+ and a second one for Hulu and FX content. It helps both sets of audience.

Why can't they have 2 OTTs? One for family friendly content from Disney+ and a second one for Hulu and FX content. It helps both sets of audience.
Because, Disney+ Internationally is a general entertainment streamer unlike in the USA and Latam.. Disney+ Internationally streams whatever and everything owned by Disney+ from FX, freeform and everything else..

That strategy itself evolved because of Disney+ Hotstar's success in India.. Secondly, no one will care about a second or third app if they don't have enough selling points on those.. Disney+ Hotstar's selling point is live sports more than anything, so they don't want to miss on that. Same goes in every market they are in.. Also, Hotstar in India is the cheapest among all Disney+, Disney+ Hotstar, and Hotstar markets..

When this HBO library is likely to be expired bro?

When this HBO library is likely to be expired bro?
No one knows as its not in the public domain. They started in 2016, with the normality of HBO deals, that should have been expired by 2020. Then seems to have reupped the deal so it may be till 2024 unless HBO max decides to buy the rights outright from Hotstar, when they are launching..

However, I do think HBO shows which will have debuted on Hotstar will be on Hotstar still they cancels the show because of existing contracts. So, let's see how that will play out.. Personally, I doubt that HBO will buy the contract outright as they won't be able to make as much as Hotstar and Star India pays for them.. They may choose to sub lisencing from Star India like Universal is doing with HULU and Peacock...

Disney has always been anti -OTT from pre-hotstar days. There was no place to watch their content anywhere and I guess the same team still is at the helm of taking decisions in these matter even after acquiring star. Any other company would have already integrated everything "Disney" into Hotstar by now. They dont even allow Live stream of these channels, not even on Jio TV

Disney has always been anti -OTT from pre-hotstar days. There was no place to watch their content anywhere and I guess the same team still is at the helm of taking decisions in these matter even after acquiring star. Any other company would have already integrated everything "Disney" into Hotstar by now. They dont even allow Live stream of these channels, not even on Jio TV
Pre Disney+ Hotstar some of disney's international tv series and old movies were available on Jio Cinema. Latest movies were available on Hotstar. Indian content is always available on it's youtube channel.

Source

I'm hoping this is coming to India... Disney+ Hotstar SEA has confirmed they are getting this on September 3.lets see what's going to happen

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock