NetApp To Increase Focus On SMBs

Biswajit.HD

Reaction score
NetApp is formulating strategies with an increased focus on Indian SMBs. The company defines SMBs as organizations which spend more than $50,000 per year on storage, or which have 250-1,000 employees.

NetApp will pitch its FAS 2000 product line (entry level) for the SMB segment. Informed Surajit Sen, Director, Channels Marketing & Alliances, NetApp, “At a price point of under $10,000 (Rs3.5 lakh), the box offers unified storage with integrated backup, data protection, de-dupe, compression and thin cloning. It starts off with 5TB and can scale up to 100 TB. Our distributors will be able to customize pricing depending on the additional services they offer.”

Continued Sen, “Although SMBs contribute 30 percent of our revenue, we want to increase focus on places such as Chandigarh, Lucknow, Ahmedabad, Vadodara, Goa, Kochi, Coimbatore, Vizag, Nepal and Bhutan. The company will work with its distributors—Redington and Avnet—to achieve this goal.” As part of an increased focus on the east, NetApp has appointed a regional manager in Kolkata.

Sen said that Redington will identify partners, enable them, and help them with pre- and post-sales training. Avnet will share its global best practices and make the partners industry-ready. “We will work with select partners and help them with cross-functional training.”

The training gels well with NetApp’s services strategy. Explained Sen: “We focus only on technology, and do not sell services. We enable partners to architect end-to-end solutions and implement them. They can build services around our products and also white-label them.”

According to Sen, NetApp does not want to appoint too many partners and congest the space. “I would rather distribute the opportunities equitably than give all partners a smaller pie. Today, we have 91 partners, of whom 61 are active and 30 reactive. I want to increase the number of active partners to not more than 100 for the SMB opportunities we have identified.”

source : crn

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock